A Question of Road Tax

Started by Anonymous, March 3, 2004, 22:24

Anonymous

As you know, Saturday we trade in the 2 and the Focus for a new Celica.

When we bought the focus, they gave us our old tax disk back so we could get a refund using a V14 DVLA form.

Now as both our cars have over 4 months left, I want to know is it a reasonable request for us to do the same with both our current tax disks.

I only ask, as one of the things on Toyota's checklist to bring is the tax disk.  I dont see why they should benifit from our road tax, after all we got bugger all discount from them.

Anonymous

get your discs back and get some cash back.i did that when i part exchanged my old car for my 2".it was the sales man that suggested i did it.

Anonymous

If you don't send them back a salesman will, it's one of their perks, of course if you don't wish to, send the tax disc's to me, I'll willingly send them back, I'm saving for more GB's.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

When I p'ex'd my Paseo for the '2 - I just took it out of the window when I got there, they never said anything about it.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Just tell them, dont give them the option, that you are reclaiming your road tax and you have removed the discs.

Anonymous

Cheers peeps

Only thing is, I thought that you had to get the V14 stamped by them, hence they have to agreee to it anyway

Anonymous

I've always taken the disc out of my part-ex's.... and nope, no dealer stamp required on the form.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"I've always taken the disc out of my part-ex's.... and nope, no dealer stamp required on the form.

Me too,as soon as i drive onto the garage property,i take the tax disc and stick in my skyrocket.    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: