2 & Focus to Celica - NEW PHOTOS

Started by Anonymous, March 5, 2004, 11:58

Anonymous

Well tis official - tomorrow is the day we bid a VERY SAD farewell to our year old 2 and Focus in favor (well not favor, but sensible option) of a new Celica.

Part of me is excited, a bigger part is sad to say goodbye to the 2.

For all you vultures who have PM'ed me about the bits, I have a list which I will be putting up later tonight of what I have, obviously there is already a pre-sold list though.

Still havent got a clue about prices, so may put it up blank so you do your own investigation on what things are worth.

I will still be taking an active part in the forum, and the meetings (support vehicle), just changed positions to an Enthusiast not an Owner.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

traitor good luck with the new traitor celica mate - we will still think of you as a traitor valued traitor member of the club   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Enjoy the Sillycar mate!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

let me know ehn you want to put the roof down and I'll bring me angle grinder round  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Very good you three, just think at JAE when you have to carry tents on your laps and I have a nice big cool box in my BOOT! and acres more space which will be EMPTY!

Slacey

Not so my friend, this year I have my own support vehicle...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Well that's it now - gone!.  Twas actually quite emotional saying goodbye to the 2 (not so for the focus).  However the Celica does look flipping lovely, and its the same colour as the 2 (a sign of respect).

So what do I think, well for a start I went to B&Q and got some stuff, folded down the seats, cool!.  Have been driving around for a few hours, put 20 miles on it around town, and Kerstie has just gone to Lakeside in it.

Well, its not the 2, thats for sure, the dealers said there was no special run-in requirements, but not exessive reving or braking for about the first 100 miles.  So not sure whether to believe that or not, but kept it well under 5000 revs.

Tried "normal" driving, and its quite easy to this really, the 2 always wants to be driven hard.  However I found at lights I still had that 2 feeling and wanted to fly off from the start.  This is where the celica aint as good, 1st gear is possitively not too good, but then onwards aint bad.  And on the A130, was nice doing a bit of speed without fearing I would blow away.

I think all in all, it was the right decision for the next couple of years, and hopefully one day will go back to a 2 though.  I already miss the looks you get though, and opening my electric sunroof wasnt quite the same (how I pray for rain now, go away sun shine).

Anonymous

well put your camera to use and show us some pics then mate   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

You will enjoy your celi  s8) 8) s8)   check out mr2-roc sister site
 m http://www.celicaclub.co.uk/ m    s:D :D s:D   home from home.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"well put your camera to use and show us some pics then mate   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I put the camera in the car, on the way to Hylands House, thats when Kerstie called and said she was ready to be picked up from town, and she wanted to go to Lakeside....so the car has just arrived back, and its flipping dark.  Will try tomorrow, albeit dirty by then.

Anonymous

what you really want is one of each....

actually I've been wondering what I could replace my celica with, and there really isn't anything that ,matches the styling/hatchback-for-ikea-trips-practicality/back-seat-space/performance-and-handling balance of the Celica out there at all.

markiii

it's reliable, and you already had teh deprciation, bank the montley payments and keep it for another 3 years.

you win all round
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Loads of   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Kerstie seems very happy with it too, she loved it on the motorway earlier, reckons its so much more comfortable/luxurious than the focus was, but just as sexy as the 2 was.

I've already had the back seats down to fill it from B&Q, and she filled the boot full of Lakeside.

Looks like we did make the right choice...well, it will never be the 2

Anonymous

Hope you have better luck with your Celica, had three clutches two flywheels, sump gasket, n/s/r caliper, hatch gas struts, o/s headlight, c.d. player, washer bottle and just before I got rid, the exhaust started falling apart, (owned it for eight months, dealer had it for six weeks in total) (see blue car in previous post)).
The "2" is much better though, only had new power steering pump and all the alloys replaced!
After all that though, the only car I realy like is the new Celica, so when my second youth stage expires, who knows I may go back to the gen 7  

Anonymous

Quote from: "Les"Hope you have better luck with your Celica, had three clutches two flywheels, sump gasket, n/s/r caliper, hatch gas struts, o/s headlight, c.d. player, washer bottle and just before I got rid, the exhaust started falling apart, (owned it for eight months, dealer had it for six weeks in total) (see blue car in previous post)).
The "2" is much better though, only had new power steering pump and all the alloys replaced!
After all that though, the only car I realy like is the new Celica, so when my second youth stage expires, who knows I may go back to the gen 7  

Ever thought of giving up driving and buying a shed?

Anonymous

Ever thought of giving up driving and buying a shed?[/quote]

If my honest and personal experience has offended you in any way, (judging by your reply ) I appologise.
It was only my bad luck to get a problem car.
If I had any doubts about Toyota, I would have opted for another make altogether.

On a lighter note, I probably would get a shed----as long as it never had a Toyota badge on it! (Only kidding!)

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   No you didnt offend me in any way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I thought that maybe you where just having bad luck with your cars, and could take up gardening instead.  s:?: :?: s:?:  

To be honest, there are lots of people who do have problems, and hopefully lots that are lucky enough not to...fingers crossed that we are as happy with the sillycar as we where with the 2 (in terms of reliability that is).

Anonymous

Thats ok then!  

Slightly off topic, I notice you have a camera as your avatar.
Do you know anything about said items?
I have an EOS 500 and I'm thinking of getting an EOS 300D digi, hopefully to utilise the 500 lenses.

Any thoughts?  

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Have been driving around for a few hours, put 20 miles on it around town, and Kerstie has just gone to Lakeside in it.

Already done more miles than a year in the 2   s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"
Quote from: "cstevens"Have been driving around for a few hours, put 20 miles on it around town, and Kerstie has just gone to Lakeside in it.

Already done more miles than a year in the 2   s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Well just put the Sillycar to bed for the evening - photos shortly - and guess how many miles are on it now - 127 !!!!! flipping heck!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Les"Thats ok then!  

Slightly off topic, I notice you have a camera as your avatar.
Do you know anything about said items?
I have an EOS 500 and I'm thinking of getting an EOS 300D digi, hopefully to utilise the 500 lenses.

Any thoughts?  

Yep, just a bit - http://cm-photos.co.uk we use Fuji S2 Pro (nikon based), but would be happy to give any advise I can, send me a PM.

Anonymous

OK - By popular demand here are the photos of our new ride

http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/celica/index.htm

Heres a couple of arty ones!

Anonymous

Cool Photos! Is thats a 140, rather than the 190?

Have you spent the weekend spotting parts bin specials. Those stalks look mighty familiar   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

dave.

Anonymous

Yep. its the 140.  Wanted to keep as close to our old 2 as possible, we class it as a 2 with extra body kit on it.  In fact the steering wheel and the stalks are all the same as the 2....how nice.

Anonymous

Nice car.

When we got our 2 I wanted a Celica. That was the reason I dragged my wife to the Toyota showroom. She had been wanting to get another Hyundai Coupe or something "cheap" (aka Skoda!!!).

When we pulled up by the showroom there was a used MR2 outside. Her first reaction was "how about that?" seeing a sticker price of around DM 25,000. I had never see or heard of the MR2 upto that point.

When she found out the true price of our MR2 DM 52,000 with options, she nearly changed her mind again. Unfortunatly I never did get to test the Celica as it was "too expensive" at DM 50,000   s:? :? s:?   Women!

Still love our 2. This last weekend rrove to San Marino and Rimini in it back via Chioggia. No sun, lots of rain mist and snow (!) 1500KM round trip.

Tags: