Needing attention... or not?

Started by fstsven, March 5, 2004, 21:36

fstsven

Here come the obligatory newbe questions!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    When my car is idling it sounds slightly diesely.  I've been on the forum a few times and worked out this is probably the worn belt tensioner problem   s:( :( s:(   .  Also, when turning lock to lock, the steering is slightly squeeky.  Should these problems be rectified or do I just learn to live with them as flaws inherent to the car?  Thanx guys, much appreciated  s:) :) s:)    Btw: looove the car!!  s:D :D s:D
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

Anonymous

Hi

Does sound like the accessory drive belt tensioner and also your front suspension mounts.

Unless you have extended warranty with an 00 model, you are looking at a bit of bill for the former so depending on your technical competence have a look at http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=2683&sid=f9aab113a65b5af5845613e011662e15.

As for the suspension mountings you may get with just getting them lubricated which can't be too much.

As for just leaving them, they will obviously require replacing at some point so doing nothing is a bit of a short-term economy.

fstsven

Thanx!    s:idea: :idea: s:idea:   Since they'll be fitting the Eibach springs soon, seems like an ideal opportunity to lube suspension parts   s:) :) s:)     It'll probably go away then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:     As for the tensioner bearing, I think I'll leave it for now, presuming it doesn't get any worse...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

Tags: