16" WHEELS

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2010, 20:13

Anonymous

Hi
I want to fit a set of 16" white alloys to my car. And need some advice as i dont want to screw up the handling.
I know that the wheels are a 38 offset but can anyone advise me on how wide the wheels should be?
as i know that the back ones are ment to be a bit more wide.
 It seems to me that most are fitting 195 tyres up front with 205 tyres at the back,is the the best combination with 16"wheels?
also if anyone knows any brand of wheel or suppliers that provide wheels that suit the 2 that would be great.
Cheers

cclarke99

You could get the standard wheels refinished in white, that way the handling isn't affected.

uktotty

when you say a set do you mean a pair or four?

roger

Offset 45 is standard, not 38 specs here.

You should be able to work out from these, 1/2" or 1" wider at back, choose tyre that fits best on the rim width (see Toyo website) and try to keep rolling radius the same.

FWIW quite a few US guys on Spyderchat run 16" for their autocross cars. You could have a look there for opinions.

Very few outlets sell different rim widths as a set. Don't let them persuade you its OK.

The biggest range you will probably find at Demon Tweeks.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

cheers for the info ladz  s:) :) s:)
its good to be able to get this kind of solid teck info about the 2,
Thanks again  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

sorry havent got exact details of sizes at moment but i had real hassle finding new wheels for mine. i ended up with advanti racing maze r 16s rear 15s front both 38 offset to get the half inch stagger. just cant find 15s or 16s made with different width. i run 195 f 205 r on the road and have toyo 888s 205f 225r for the track. rolling diameters are slightly different but it is more important to get stagger right. i am very happy with handling on both and the 225s fit nicely on the rear. trying to find 45 offset was a beach too but 38 works fine.

markiii

you understand that changing offset puts more strain on teh hubs right?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: