Buying Goodyear Tyres, a word of warning...

Started by Wabbitkilla, April 11, 2010, 12:41

Wabbitkilla

In my passes around the other clubs I've found that some people are having problems when buying Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres.
It would seam that some suppliers are importing non-E Marked tyres from Thailand which are not legal for UK road vehicles.
This Pistonheads thread gives some good information  m http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 69424&nmt= m

It appears to me that Goodyear are in the habit of making tyres around the world which don't stick to specific standards. Maybe it's locally economical in that way, but in this age of internet sellers it makes it kind of difficult for them to control what tyres end up where. So everyone better check their Goodyears, and make sure when you get them from an online retailer they are what they're supposed to be.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

not teh first time I'd heard that

worryingly having seen Thai driving first hand you'd think they would need better tyres not worse
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

there is some good year foreign tyres and their is some replica good years replicas are non branded whilst the foreign one will be thai. . I got the thai ones on my old mk2 and the compound was terrible. Whilst the rears official german made goodsyears would stay rubbery after some abuse, the fronts thai would go into a hard compound much like slicks do. Bloody horrible tyres!!  Genuine ones are great though.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

ChrisGB

Counterfeit tyres are not unheard of either!

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

mrzwei

My Adidas tracksuit bought in northern Cyprus lasted for years   s:D :D s:D  .
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

ChrisGB

Quote from: "mrzwei"My Adidas tracksuit bought in northern Cyprus lasted for years   s:D :D s:D  .

Yeah, but how was it for wet grip?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I really do need to get a life!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

VVT-i

Are you Jimmy Saville?
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Tags: