I'm a new member.

Started by WobblySims, May 8, 2010, 18:30

WobblySims

Hi everyone,
                   I thought it might be good idea to introduce myself to all you like minded people that get so much pleasure from our roadsters.
I am nearly 63 years of age and have owned my roadster for three years. I had previously owned and restored an MGB roadster which gave me so much pleasure for fifteen years. However, due to the aging process, me not the car, I decided to change to an MR2 roadster for a more modern driving experience and I'm not disappointed, neither is my wife.
My car which was first registered December 2000 is immaculate, a beautiful red with black interior. I have replaced the wheels with German 5 spoke alloys, similar to those removed, the Japanese aint too good with alloys it seems. I have also added Toyota chrome role bar, clear side repeaters and uprated the rear with a 2003 bumper including duck tail spoiler.
I'm well pleased and look forward to having chats and playing my part in my new found 'club.
Regards,

Wobblysims

[MOD]Removed a derogatory term[/MOD]

Anonymous

Hi and welcome, did you maintain tyre stagger on the new wheels? Also please read up on pre cats.

uktotty

Weclome Wobbly, you may even be older than Roger, glad you are enjoying but liek Craig said, make sure your tyres are correct.
Got any pics?

mrzwei

Welcome indeed. Re the alloys, mine need doing for the second time. Keep thinking about a change of motor but then the sun comes out or something so we keep it. (five years now).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

loadswine

Welcome aboard!   s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

creamykiwi

welcome to the madhouse  s:D :D s:D

Mike68

Hello and welcome   s:D :D s:D
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

StuM

Welcome along, glad you're enjoying the car.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

roger

Quote from: "uktotty"Weclome Wobbly, you may even be older than Roger, glad you are enjoying but liek Craig said, make sure your tyres are correct.

Hi wobbly, welcome! You probably are older than me. I've got many months (well 7 or 8 ) to go until I reach 63!

Always useful to put your location in your profile, it can come in handy if you need help or want to check out other cars.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Decapotable

Wobbly

Hi. Welcome aboard. You must tell us what the differences are between living with the MGB and living with the Roadster.

Pam - MR2 Only

Hiya Wobbly

Welcome

We bought our roadster when hubby was 63 and he's nearly 65 its the best thing we ever did and still enjoy it, we have had a few strange looks when we pull off from traffic light and leave the young un's still standing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Pam
 w www.mr2only.com w
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide

Tags: