"Roadster" Badge pics

Started by Anonymous, March 11, 2004, 08:41

Anonymous

Morning all, anyone got any pics of the rear of there 2 with a "Roadster" badge on it?
I just bought one and wanna see what looks good.

Also, scusee if this is a dumb question, what are we using to stick the badge on?

cheers
Steve

markiii

no pic to hand, but if you buy one they come with a sticky foam backing.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Anonymous

Hers another closer shot

Anonymous

perfecto
thanks chaps

Anonymous

I think... and don't quote me on this one, that the official badge ordered through Toyota has a specially shaped backing sheet, that can be used to line it up perfectly in the right place...? I think the right hand side of the backing extended out and had an angled cut which matched the edge of the rear bumper by the rear light...?!   s:?: :?: s:?:  

The backing on the letters seemed to be cut as if it was supposed to be removed first..

I had to buy a badge for mine (euro import), but lined it up the hard way with a ruler and some measurements from one in the showroom!!

Tim

GSB

I bought one for mine, but it didn't have a pattern for lining it up. But then I swapped it for a US spec "Spyder" badge. and removed the big MR2 emblem... (click on the link below, and you can just see it in a couple of the photos there)
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

getting this one from ebay, claims to be officially from Toyota, if so then it will come with at least the foam backing, if not the backing sheet too.

however, i am totally and completely expecting it to come without either.
prepare for the worst i say, which would mean some real fiddly arse Playskool type cutting of sticky stuff!
else, be pleasantly surprised!

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"I bought one for mine, but it didn't have a pattern for lining it up. But then I swapped it for a US spec "Spyder" badge. and removed the big MR2 emblem... (click on the link below, and you can just see it in a couple of the photos there)

yeah I like both looks, "with MR2 badge" slightly edging it for me.

I hope this isn't the start of my mod downfall!!
Always said I'm not a mods type of guy, and now in the last week I've gone mod crazy, first with my summer visor plugs, and now this crazy badge!  where's it all going to end, some Lockwood sills for christsakes!!!!

aaah from tiny Mod acorns, and all that!!

(actually thinking of the twin exhaust thing now, did have my eye on the TTE turbo as well, but that would sure as nabbit mean the end of my relationship with the missus    s:( :( s:(   )

Anonymous

Does anyone have the part no for the Roadster badge please?  Our 2 is a euro import and I'd like to badge it up.  Not impressed with the main dealers apparent lack of knowledge of their cars and have found that presenting them with a part number (sourced from here - thanks) saves a lot of time.

markiii

01001-01254 £7.90 each
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thank you.  £9.28 inc vat.  Cheers.

Tags: