1MZ-FE conversion - engine bay colour scheme feedback needed

Started by Kool PT, June 7, 2010, 13:36

Kool PT

Hey guys,

Car was taken down to OlberMotive yesterday for my 1MZ-FE conversion. Mine's a black pre-facelift and I'm currently trying to decide on a colour scheme for the engine and bay.

Since the seats and rear lights are red (and I've currently got the red 'T-sport' style Toyota badge on the back which may or may not stay, I was thinking about a similar scheme for the interior. At work so don't have photoshop let alone the time to spend on it but I've picked the example that I think works best so far, from a yellow mk1 (at least I think it's a mk1?)

What to you guys think, I like the metallic look on the inlet manifold:

Obviously the WOODSPORT logo would be inappropriate (and downright bizarre!) I was thinking of using it on the raised lettering on the rocker cover...cringeworthy 'artist's impression below:

PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Dyn-Evo

Thats a Mk2, by the looks of it.......the Mk3 1MZ conversion does not have the luxury of being able to check / refill oil from OUTSIDE the car, I'm afraid......!  s:D :D s:D  

Silver contrasts nicely, red also...should look good with a black car..!
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Tags: