Just bought an MR2

Started by 2003bluecat, June 22, 2010, 18:27

2003bluecat

Finally got my hands on an '2 just in time for the sun   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

I'll be putting some pictures up soon (been having too much fun driving!) and hope to come along to a few meets.

Thanks for all the useful posts, don't think I would've taken the plunge without reading the advice on here   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Now, about those pre-cats........

JiMR2

Awesome! Congratulations on your new '2!  s:) :) s:)

Just in time for the summer to!

Check those tyres to!   s8) 8) s8)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

mrzwei

I've been meaning to sell mine for ages, trouble is, when the weather is like this, it's just a smile on the face   s:D :D s:D  . I let all the beemas and boy racers overtake me thesedays because, basically, they miss the point.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

2003bluecat

That's also on the list for next payday; 3 bridgestone and one advan   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Don't sell, there's so many around at the moment and they are going really cheap, you might as well keep it   s:) :) s:)

MRR's MR2

There aint that many around! After a while you'll soon start to recognise most of the cars in your area.

I'd agree, don't get rid, after 3 years and weather like this she still makes me  s:D :D s:D  

I see your in Kinver my sister lives over there. Your Not far from where I live.
If your not taking the precats out yourself you could try Nathan at Mrtwo's in Willenhall.
He Took mine out the other week for £50 plus gaskets.

2003bluecat

I meant around as in for sale, don't see many about but there's a fair few on autotrader. seems everyone is driving mx5s at the moment!

Yeah I've read good things about Nathan on here, seems silly to spend the time doing it myself (and run the risk of messing it up) when Nathan can do it for £50. I'll have to give him a call.

What do you drive? I'll keep a look out for you, mine's a sable grey 03, ALWAYS with the top down   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

MRR's MR2

Yeah I know what you mean there always seems quite a few in autotrader. Seems that there is more in there than you see on the road!

Makes sense giving Nathan a try to me. It's a typical backstreet garage, not very impressive I suppose, but he seems to know what he is doing and thats what counts. Always seems to have a few MR2's in there mainly mark II's. He's got a website if you haven't checked it out yet.

She's a Red 03 and likewise the lid ain't up very often. Don't see the point in havin a soft top if you leave it up all the time   s:) :) s:)

Tags: