Front Fog Lights

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2010, 22:56

Anonymous

Hello Everyone - I am new to this forum and have just purchased a 2001 MR2 Roadster.

There are front fog lights fitted but I cannot find where they switch on. There is a switch on the indicator stalk that does the lights and rear fog but no idea where the front fog switch is - I have looked everywhere.

Am i being stupid or just blind.......................

oinmahoin

Quote from: "neil_burnside"There are front fog lights fitted but I cannot find where they switch on. There is a switch on the indicator stalk that does the lights and rear fog but no idea where the front fog switch is - I have looked everywhere.
Hello Neil and welcome, the switch should be on the right hand side with the mirror adjustment and door lock switches.
Kevin
2005 Silver MR2 Roadster - Red Leather - Precats removed - Rear Spoiler - De badged rear - J spec front badge - Upgraded xenon ice blue front bulbs - Extreme white led side lights - Mudflaps - Cobra Stainless Steel Quad Exit Exhaust - K&N Filter - Front & Rear upper Strut Braces -

SteveJ

Quote from: "oinmahoin"
Quote from: "neil_burnside"There are front fog lights fitted but I cannot find where they switch on. There is a switch on the indicator stalk that does the lights and rear fog but no idea where the front fog switch is - I have looked everywhere.
Hello Neil and welcome, the switch should be on the right hand side with the mirror adjustment and door lock switches.
Given he has a 2001 (pre-facelift) the switch could be just about anywhere in the car that the previous owner chose to fit it!

FGrob

It might be worth checking to see if they come on when the headlights are on full beam, no switch then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Anonymous

mine on the rigth hand side by the window lock swicth and the other swicths

roger

Front fogs on a pre03 must be an aftermarket fit, though I do recall they were an option somewhere, in Japan maybe.

If so, I guess the switch could be anywhere, or nowhere!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

*andy*

As silly as it sounds they might not even be wired up yet if you can't find a switch!?

OldMan

Perhaps the passenger window lock-out switch has been re-porposed to operate the foglights.
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

muffdan

The front fogs were a dealer option on pre-facelift with the TTE front bumper. Does the car have a TTE front bumper fitted? The switch (in my case) was fitted to the lower right of the steering wheel, replacing one of the blanking switches.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: