A big hello to everyone

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2010, 20:21

Anonymous

A big hello to you all, joined a week ago after buying our 2001 roadster  s:D :D s:D  
A little about ourselves, my wife and I (Paula and Chris) decided not to upgrade her Merc A class due to practicality and buy something for fun, hence the MR, I have a Merc CLK convertible so roofless driving is normal but Paula wont drive due to the CLK size and silly American style hand brake, but she really wanted a convertible. Our friends own a roadster and love it so thought we would go down the same route, we havn't regretted a minute of it and spend loads of money 'upgrading' already!  s:D :D s:D  
We live in Rochester in Kent and hardly do any mileage for work in our cars so the MR is just for Fun and Sun. I have tackled the issues I have found on this site (pre cat removal, idler pulley etc) and done some nice mods, 17" wheels, painted calipers, rear spoiler, red mats and some red pinstrip in the interior to brighten it up a bit, but as yet we have only done 10 miles in her! looks great though. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and look forward to being part of this forum, also into motorcycles if there is any of you bikers out there?
Will put some pics up later if your intertested.
cheers
Chris and Paula

Wabbitkilla

Welcome to the club   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Yes, please put photos up, we like to put wheels to names ... and hope to meet you sometime.
Enjoy then sun (if it ever comes back   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

scottish_turbo

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to seeing the photos. I might even spot you out and about as I'm moving to Kent in a month or so.   s:) :) s:)

Joey

Hello Paula and Chris, great to hear you're enjoying your '2! Pics would be great   s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

Welcome along   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

loadswine

Welcome Chris and Paula.   s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Thanks everyone, i will post some pics once i get myself one of those buckets to put them in, probably tomorrow.

puma2

hi and welcome. myself just had got 2001 Yreg  just had pre  cats  s:) :) s:)   removed to, lets us no how you get on with yours  s:D :D s:D

2003bluecat

Welcome, good to see some more new members on here! Lets hope for some more sun soon!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

robsonic

Welcome along   s:D :D s:D  

Loads of info on here as you have already discovered   s:D :D s:D  

Enjoy it.
2006-2016, but the love (and seatbelt covers) have happily passed to my daughter   s]

kentsmudger

Hello and welcome to the club! There are a few of us in Kent, will keep an eye out - Get some pics up of the car!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

JiMR2

Hey there!!!!  s:) :) s:)  

Will have to keep my eyes open for you, girlfriend lives in Maidstone so will more than likely see you out and about!   s8) 8) s8)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Anonymous

HI all thanks for the great replies hopefully i have some pictures for you to see, not sure how to get them on the screen but hopefully these links will work?? Any help with pics from you would be most appreciated!! Hope you like her!  s:P :P s:P  

loadswine

Looks excellent, very tidy indeed.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

JiMR2

Nice!   s:D :D s:D  

What wheels are those?
AKA Cinnamon Jim

celmacmat

Bienvenue   s:D :D s:D
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Mad Matt

Welcome

Silverman

How interesting.  I had great fun with a Roadster and the Rocsters for some four years, but I now have a Baby Benz on order.  We see this as more suited to our septuagenarian years than an MR2.
However, have great fun with your new baby - they are quite superb.   S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

robsonic

Looks fantastic... mine is a few years newer than yours but looks a few years older  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2006-2016, but the love (and seatbelt covers) have happily passed to my daughter   s]

Anonymous

Hi all thanks for the greets.....  s:D :D s:D  
The wheels are Dezent vectors only £409 delivered including tyres which i thought was a bargain, I got them from Rochford tyres (they have a good website) in essex they delivered them within 2 days!
Silverman, we have had the A class now for 7 years (from new) and it has been faultless, well pleased as i have done nothing to it but my own servicing which is relativey simple, it has not even had a new battery (oops thats done it!). The CLK has been a gem too but neither are as much fun as the Roadster which reminds me of a smaller less powerful version of a TVR Chimeara I had once, that was fun too!
Again thanks all for the Welcome, Paula is even taking an interest in the forum!  s:) :) s:)    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:) :) s:)  Hope to see a few of you around, i have a friend who has a red one too, do you do any meets or runs around Kent or is it something I could organise?

phillywilly69

welcome to the club fellow kentish man
i dont think theres any meets going on locally yet but between us theres a lot of people living in the garden of england so c,mon every one lets get together one day soon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

2003bluecat

Quote from: "robsonic"Looks fantastic... mine is a few years newer than yours but looks a few years older  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

+1   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Also I must say I'm a big fan of the Dezent wheels, both the vectors on your car and the brand in general. Think I may have to make a purchase one day ......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "roadstercnp"I got them from Rochford tyres (they have a good website) in essex they delivered them within 2 days!

Just be careful with Rochford tyres, they have a bit of a bad rep on here for supplying strange wheel combinations which don't suit the car. Search for Rochford and see what I mean.

Anonymous

thanks for the warning about Rochford, this is my second set from them (19" on the CLK last year) and not had a problem but nice to know of possible problems with traders, the MR2 feels and looks fine with the latest set so we are well happy with Rochford.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

So what tyre sizes did they supply you with?

Tags: