A big hello to everyone

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2010, 20:21

Anonymous

Hi Nelix, it has 205 width all round, I understand the originals were narrower (is that a word!??) on the front but we only have it for fun sun days out and dont race it around, it seems to feel the same as before and nothing rubs so happy with my choice.
I have read a few threads on the site before making my choice and talked to Toyota but they were not interested in anything that deviates from the original fitments and advised accordingly. I must say they suit the car and give it a more purposeful stance. Lovely little motor!  s:D :D s:D
I see your into bikes as well, what do you ride?

Anonymous

hi and welcome

Anonymous

Hi, i have a Triumph sprint rs 955i.

Re the tyres, toyota designed the roadster with a "staggered" tyre set up, the rears are wider than the fronts. They did this for a reason, not to make it difficult to fit aftermarket alloys.  s:) :) s:)  

I suggest you read up on tyre stagger, it has quite been quite an emotive subject over the years to say the least.

Anonymous

Hi Nelix thanks for your reply, yes understand the staggered alloys my Merc has 265 rears and 225 fronts as per merc intented, i know the MR is the same but for the miles and usage its fine, its only a toy and will outlast me Im sure  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   and i still have the original wheels.  s:D :D s:D  
As for bikes I Love the Triumphs! had a go on a rocket 3 the other day, what a brute! I have an Mv Agusta F4 but only cover about 500 miles a year  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  , fair weather rider only! (i know I know).
all the best
Chris

Anonymous

Nice bike.

Your choice re the tyres. To put it into perspective i would as soon ride my bike without a lid than run non staggered tyres.

Anonymous

thanks and your choice mate, thats what makes this world interesting  s:D :D s:D

Tags: