who says the 2 is an impractical car?!

Started by creamykiwi, July 16, 2010, 22:18

creamykiwi

This afternoon I popped to my parents' house, and came back up the A12 with... my tent in the luggage bit, my laptop on the passenger seat, a 32 inch TV behind the seats (admittedly i had to drive pretty much sitting on the steering wheel, but hey!), four pairs of shoes and my handbag in the passenger footwell and a gazebo propped in the passenger space...

As long as you don't have anyone in there with you, there's LOADS of space!!  s:D :D s:D  Loving my little car even more now I know I can actually fit stuff in her  s:D :D s:D

JudoKilli

Yup, when there's only the driverninthe there is LOADS of space! This year I took my '2 to uni, and managed to fit everything in there! 26" tv, 17" laptop, surround sound system, printer, suitcase full to bursting point with clothes, 4 pairs of shoes, a fair few law text books and everything else you would need toile away for a year!  Even left enough room to put my roof down  s:D :D s:D  All you need to do is plan carefully where you're going to put things, and it's easy!

StuM

Quote from: "creamykiwi"a 32 inch TV behind the seats

Very 'Pimp My Ride'!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

Bags of room in them and even more with the roof down handy for B&Q trips!
You will notice the rear compartments fit a half crate of wine perfectly in each side those Japs get their priority right you know!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

roger

.......... and you get even more in if you take the passenger seat out   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

onion86

Last year I managed to get my PC (big Antec case), 4 days camping equipment including tent, a bag full of clothes, a bag full of PC keyboard, mouse, cables, games, external HDD, etc. as well as a 24" monitor behind passenger seat and a TTE exhaust in bits  s:) :) s:)  It definitely does have the space if you're not willing to take a passenger.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

ur must be big than mine lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "creamykiwi"This afternoon I popped to my parents' house, and came back up the A12 with... my tent in the luggage bit, my laptop on the passenger seat, a 32 inch TV behind the seats (admittedly i had to drive pretty much sitting on the steering wheel, but hey!), four pairs of shoes and my handbag in the passenger footwell and a gazebo propped in the passenger space...

As long as you don't have anyone in there with you, there's LOADS of space!!  s:D :D s:D  Loving my little car even more now I know I can actually fit stuff in her  s:D :D s:D

I can go better than that.
I used to run a 1959 Messerschmitt three wheeler for a bit of fun.
It's basically an enclosed motorcycle with tandem seating, two wheels front and one rear with a 200cc single cylinder two stroke engine.
Me and the Mrs. used to go to rallies all over the UK in it and the only space for anything was on her lap and under the tiny seat.
It was a challenge, but that was half the fun of it.

kentsmudger

The MX5 is still more practical - See!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

mrzwei

Even the MGF has a bit of boot space behind the engine! (No comparison in terms of technology and drive though).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

normanh

I've managed ok in France in the past, suitcase on the bootrack hand luggage with a few bottles or two in the bins, 48 litres of wine in boxes behind the seats and the Mrs still in the seat next to me, practical the car is without doubt.

normanh

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   And if a push comes to a shove, the wife can thumb a lift back and you can get even more booze in the passenger seat!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

loadswine

The only drawback to that plan is how are you going to drink that wine with no flipping teeth? lol   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

creamykiwi

install a straw?!

normanh

Na 48 litres is enough for a modest drip. I am not greedy

norman

emrtwo

Ok guys since our little trip to Duxford i decided i needed even more space in my 2 ( not just for wine Nige ) so i thought id re-design my boot.
You dont get a lot more space but the length is greater and everybody wants more length lol.
I can now fit a four man tent in the front if i want or kit bag full of clothes.
anyway heres some pics, let me know wot you think.
Drive it like you stole it .

onion86

Nice idea, looks like double the space to me! How high is the spare, would it still fit there with a strut brace?

Take it you have to unscrew and take out your new storage to get the spare out though?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

dbrown

Quote from: "emrtwo"everybody wants more length lol.
 let me know wot you think.
nah nobody has ever said that to me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

emrtwo

There are two bolts holding the new storage in but it takes minutes to take out.
I haven't chopped anything about so it only takes the same again to put the car back to standard.
I'll put this in when i go on the next trip ( Peterborough ) now i dont need the bonnet rack .  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

emrtwo

Ow and not sure about the brace i'll have a measure and let you know.

Chris

I don't think i've ever seen the spare there before - looks like a good idea...  did you have to make a threaded mouting for the retaining screw thingy or is there already one there?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

emrtwo

I had to make a small bracket but there is a bolt on the body, so no drilling holes.

WillsSayers

I had to squeeze my 37" Sammy in to the passenger seat without a stand, and I couldn't use the handbrake due to obstruction!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Tags: