insurance

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2010, 17:55

Anonymous

hello all,
first of all,sorry if this is in wrong post,
just want to say something about hastings direct insurance company,
if you go with these people make sure you double check everything,and i do mean everything,
with the forms that they send you,
i missed a small thing,reguarding a motorbike i had stolen couple of years ago,
they asked if i had had a claim for an accident,i said no.because i hadent had an accident,
was just a bike stolen,
anyhows to cut a long story short,
they ran a trace on my claims with some outside agency,then they sent me a letter to say i had made a claim and had lied to them,
i sent letter back saying i havent had an accident,was claim for a bike which was stolen,
they sent letter back,oh well where just gonna charge you a admin fee of 25 pounds,and an aditional ammout of 158 pounds,
for not telling us about the stolen bike.....but they didnt ask that on the form if you see what i mean,
so if you use this company make sure you tell them everything,reguarding claims you have had,
oh and que time is silly to get in touch with them by phone,
and staff seem robotic when they talk to you,like ,you know there reading off a step by step company policy book,
with a supervisor standing behind them,
looking into canceling policy with these people and going back with old company,
so hastings direct for me is a big NO

2003bluecat

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Insurance companies can be very inconsistent in my experience. For example, I had changed insurers from Ensleigh to Halifax and was awaiting my proof of no claims from Ensleigh. One day I got a letter from Halifax (received on 29th of January) saying as I had not provided them with my proof of no claims they had cancelled my policy in accordance with their terms and conditions as of the date of the letter, which was the 19th January. So I had been driving around uninsured for 10 days! Apparantly they had sent me a warning letter which I never saw and had tried ringing me, I wasn't impressed and I changed insurers to More Than who didn't even ask for proof of my no claims   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: