Anyone's insurance gone up recently?

Started by Jaik, August 4, 2010, 19:36

Ilogik

how old are you frogger and what is the spec of your car?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

frogger

Standard car, and too young it seems   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I'm 22, and main driver is the missus who's 21.

However, I don't see that as justification to charge whatever, as all of the cars I've had on the road on the past 5 years have cost between 400 and 700 to insure, including a couple of MR2's, the roadster last year, and a 180hp and 163hp volvo.

Admiral quote around 500 - 700 for pretty much any standard car I enter into their quotes, including 230hp GT4's!

So it's confusing as to why every other insurer is charging twice as much. But not a difficult choice to go with Admiral!

deadmau5

Do Admiral allow any mods? I'm paying about £1600 with Tesco and I was 21 when my policy started.

AmeR

Quote from: "deadmau5"Do Admiral allow any mods? I'm paying about £1600 with Tesco and I was 21 when my policy started.

I was told upto 5 or 6 can't remember but they cover Toyota optional equipment as standard which is good!!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

im with admiral with all current mods declared and i pay £500 full comp with 3 years ncb

Anonymous

Mine went down by £1

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

deadmau5

Quote from: "AmeR"
Quote from: "deadmau5"Do Admiral allow any mods? I'm paying about £1600 with Tesco and I was 21 when my policy started.

I was told upto 5 or 6 can't remember but they cover Toyota optional equipment as standard which is good!!  s:D :D s:D

That's excellent! May try them at renewal time.

Chris H

hi,....to answer an earlier question,was told by my insurance company that the "2" is
         now group 27 in the new insurance groups,1-50......re-newed mine today,got
         for £277,full no claims protected.

JiMR2

Just renewed with Sky, gone up £70.

Whilst on phone added some more mods that will be going on in the near future so im covered when they're fitted, didnt put the alrady increased renewal price up any further so i was happy.

Appreciate insurance costs have gone up, what hasnt this year! But for £670 all inc, all mods declared + legal cover etc, cant complain. Esp as i live in SE London post code area and am only 25!!!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Don of Croy

Renewed with DL yesterday - after some adjustments we agreed on sub-£250 fully comp and 10k miles per annum.

Only surprise is the statutory excess of £150 on top of our voluntary £150 - didn't spot this originally, so that's £300 excess. Pooh!

As for the Smax, that went to Esure at £214.00...
MR2 Roadster Lagoon Blue + SMT + Hard Top + Air Con
Volvo V70 D5 SE with loads of extras...
Honda Jazz - first choice for town use when we can\'t fit in the \'flip flop\' (MR2)

Tags: