Newbie red edition MR2 owner ! + pics !

Started by xsarahx, September 14, 2010, 19:32

xsarahx

Hi everyone, its my first time on here and my first time owning a toyota of any sort, i bought my MR2 4 days ago after finally parting with my beloved import VW GT Golf   s:( :( s:(   which was chipped and tuned to the eyeballs, I have tried soooo many cars this last 4 months and nothing came close to the golf, so i eventually came across this MR2 and decided to give it a go (it had some seriously big boots to fill !) I have to say im very impressed !!! its a 2004 Red Edition, 71k miles, full toyota service history, 1 owner, really well looked after and is now my new baby !

Im sure i noticed someone else on here with a red edition i think ?

I have a pic but not yet worked out how to upload them here.

xx
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

Welcome along Sarah,quite a few "RED" owners on here,they almost out number the rest of us!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You should check this out:   l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21983 l

Anonymous

See below in my sig line for adding pics.

xsarahx

Thank you i will read through and see what i can do.

Is there a major difference between the Reds and the others ?
 And there was me thinking i had a "special" one ! never mind, ive never seen one around where i live.

x
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

Nah I'm pulling your leg,it is a special edition but with this being an owners club special editions appeal so there's a higher percentage on here than in the real world.

skinz

extra 20bhp with red roof - its like go faster stripes :p - get some pics up - owner and car  s;) ;) s;)

NorthandSouth

Bryan I think Sarah has the sable RED edition like mine and Ian's   s:P :P s:P  

Sarah hi and welcome to the club. Will be good to see pics and your location would be good so we know where you are and can steer you in the right direction for meets etc. Hope you enjoy your baby as much as I do (I gave up smoking to keep mine lol)

Lynne
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

cclarke99

It must have been some VW Golf to compare with the MR2, but you've made the right choice. Just remember that the MR2 will drive very differently, take it easy until you get a feel for it.

Little RED Roadster

Hi Sarah

Welcome!  I have a RED edition too, I got her in January. It is my 1st Toyota too but I've wanted a MR2 for ages.

You will be addicted in no time, they are great!

Hope you can make it to a meet sometime   s:D :D s:D  

Michelle
Michelle & Ian

04 Roadster Silver. Toyota Body Kit. TTE Banana Spoiler. TTE Twin Exhaust. Netz Style Bar. FK Lowering Springs. Custom LSC Leather Interior. Silver Calipers. Dev\'s Key Hole Covers. Silver Hardtop.[/color][/b]

Ex owner of 04 \'Red\' Ltd Edition

The Gimp

Welcome aboard. Would be great to see some pics  s:) :) s:)
The Gimp (Shane)
TF054

Facebook: Clicky

nathanMR2

Hi welcome to the club!!

Where abouts you located?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Quote from: "NorthandSouth"Bryan I think Sarah has the sable RED edition like mine and Ian's   s:P :P s:P  

I know that Lynne,re-read my post and look where I use the terms "us" and "they" but the 4 "RED" owners mentioned on this post kinda proves my point.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Snap! I just bought one last weekend too. Similar age and mileage too. So far so chuffed!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

xsarahx

Sorry guys im a bit dizzy when it comes to uploading and downloading photos! i have them on my laptop but thats as far as ive got  s:? :? s:?   i will keep trying though.

To answer a few of your questions - im in South Wales, and yes my golf was a beast ! it was chipped, remapped and upgraded by VW in germany before being imported, i just loved the vicious boost of the turbo which kept you pinned in your seat, it would eat my mr2 off the mark but i think the mr2 would be sat behind it waiting for it to run out of steam then it would be in trouble, and if corners came into it the golf wouldnt stand a chance !

like i said in my first post, i have test driven so many cars but none of them came close to this one. Love it already  s:D :D s:D

xsarahx

Well i managed to do the picture thing and here she is x

xsarahx

And another !

Anonymous

You can put the pics in one post.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

xsarahx

Ok that would be easier !  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "xsarahx"

Well i managed to do the picture thing and here she is x

There you go.

puma2

hi, is that the napp in barry i spot in the back ground.
welcome and enjoy the ride  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Ilogik

you have the best colour two. Slight decline in power compared to the golf im guessing but totally different cars. Enjoy it
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Treboeth

Not sure if the pics are in Barry but is`nt CV a Swansea prefix?

Come out and admit are u a Jack or not  s:) :) s:)  ?

E

Hi Sarah welcome to the club, excellent choice in car and colour   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  one thing you may want to look up is Ears. Enjoy

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30164&p=377425&hilit=ears#p377425 l

uktotty

Weclome along Sarah, nice to have new Totty and new Red editions, still the best colour.
Seems we have some members in Wales so maybe a little meet could be organised in the future?

Russ

xsarahx

Very observant i must say !

The car lived in swansea from new but i bought it from Barry, so i guess the pix were taken there.

x

Tags: