What is the roof made of ?

Started by xsarahx, September 19, 2010, 19:03

xsarahx

Hi guys, i want to clean and protect the roof of my 2004 red edition roadster, the roof looks pretty well protected but i want to get it spotless and then re-protect it. Ive only had the car just over a week so i dont even know what its made from   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Any help on this matter would be great !
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

Same as all the roofs, search and ye shall find.

xsarahx

Vinyl or leather ? I have searched but found different results   s:? :? s:?  

Sorry i made it sound like the red roof was different to all the others but didnt mean it in that way !
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

uktotty

they are all vinyl, I am not aware of any leather roofs being made for anything ever!

Gif

Have a read here for some views Clicky

Most advice seems to be give it a good old scrub with a proprietary cleaner to make sure it is well clean then treat it with a rubber/vinyl protector.  I find it helps to do the front and top with the roof up then half open it to get at the rear parts otherwise you leave the rear of the hood below the body seal uncleaned and untreated   s:) :) s:)  

I use the Autoglym stuff with a cloth and it works great for me.  It does leave a slightly greasy residue which can get on the rear window when the hood's folded but small price to pay for a black shiny hood.

edit - Oh and Hi xSarahx from Wales too   s:D :D s:D
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Tags: