2003 tail lights

Started by dieamond, March 19, 2004, 16:23

dieamond

We did it yesterday :

Removed the 2 bolts from a 2003 tail lamp, unplug it, and bolt it in a 2000 MR-S

Everything worked fine !

That's *the* good news.

First bad news, the pic is crappy :
http://www.mrs-passion.com/images/Galleries/Divers/Feux_00vs03.jpg

Second bad news :
Carson Toyota quoted me an amazing $117 amount for shipping PER KIT   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Third bad news : (which is finally quite good, seeing the 2nd one)
My beloved Toyota dealer sells the kit on a basis of 300 Euros (VAT included) and is ok to make me a quantity rebate.

If somebody wants to check with his dealer if he can get a better deal, it would be cool.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

crankshaft

Hi;

Is a kit one side or 2 ?? - Do you mean the 2003 lights are USD117 each x 2 = USD234 / 1.8 = 130 quid for the pair delivered all in with VAT etc ???

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

dieamond

Yes the kit is for the 2 lights

The price of the kit is $249, and shipping to Europe for 1 kit is $117

Making a toital of $366  s:-( :-( s:-(
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

dieamond

OK  I have a 2003 tailight, so I know what's needed now.

There are 2 options :

- rich man version
light + wiring harness + gasket + blinker light
swap takes 10 minutes for both side: just plug 3 old light bulbs in the new light, put back in the car, and you're ready to go.
price : 300 Euros including VAT & shipping

- poor man version
the light comes in 2 parts + wiring harness + blinker light
you have to take apart your old light to get the gasket back
price : 265 Euros including VAT & shipping

to have these prices, I need to order 10 pairs.
we are already 4 from the french club.
I'm ok to buy 2 more for the future, so I need at least 4 persons before ordering.

Of course these prices include all possible reductions
I make no money, and Toyota makes me the biggest discount possible.

markiii

so just so that I have this right. The only difference between teh 2 kits is that the cheaper one has no gasket?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

yes, a gasket is 17 Euros (ex VAT), and you need 2...

they haven't changed between the 2 models, but opening / closing the cases is a quite painful.

if you take the "rich" version, you recieve the light pre-assembled.

markiii

gotcha.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

if I had a working digital camera, I would have taken pics, it's not easy to explain.

when i called the toyota dealer about the problem with the blinker, i had trouble to explain him  s:P :P s:P

Tags: