Winter Blues

Started by chuckie, October 27, 2010, 22:08

chuckie

Got back from 10 days in Lanzarote and managed a week before the hard top went on for the winter.  s:( :( s:(  

Would have been intresting to try and get an MR2 as a hire car over there (looked like some cracking roads) but then again seeing the state of the 9 month old A Class I had as a hire car I think any 2s would be dead by now  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

I got my MR2 in Feb this year just as the snow went, so winter could be interesting

Ch
Now long gone, MR2, 06 Silver, AC, Black/Grey Leather/Alcantara Seats, Grey Alcantara Door Cards, Hard top.
Replaced with, BMW M240 Coupe, Estoril Blue(and 340bhp).
Partner has, MR2 06 Blue, Hard top.

Fatbloater

We did 2 weeks in August, Hired a Mini Convertible and travelled the whole of the Island.

Roads are cracking, driving from the very north, over the volcano and down to playa blanca was unreal !

Had great fun except it was a bit warm - 43 degrees, even with the roof down it got a bit much.

I'd recommend hiring a car to anyone going to Lanza, well worth the hire fee.
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

Mad Matt

I wasn't so impressed. You can drive round the whole island in a few hours and it's very samey. Found the same on Fuerteventura. On Lanzarote it seemed to me to be better to take the one day coach trip then at least you get a guided tour.

Each to their own though! I went several times so perhaps it was just me getting bored with the place.

skinz

Was there @ end of August - been a couple of times but as I was on holiday chose not to drive :p - did do a coach tour up the volcanoes etc (full day think) - found myself thinking that the road through the volcanoes would be great for some RWD action - very unforgiving tho if you lost it

Tags: