1st claybar attempt

Started by sam1176uk, November 24, 2010, 16:11

sam1176uk

Had a free afternoon so had my first attempt with the claybar kit, suprised and impressed by how it came up, the paintwork feels so much smoother, just in time for the snow!
Few small changes since last time, crystal side repeaters and 225 tyres on the back (that will please you all i'm sure   s:D :D s:D   )

Ilogik

cars looking good mate, you using it for track days, look like it needs to be put on track now  s:) :) s:)
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

s12vea

Looks nice mate! As you said already for the snow :0
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

sam1176uk

Cheers for the comments, yea had it round Knockhill a couple of times as well as Crail Raceway, good wee track car!  Wouldnt mind a rear spoiler next...

Ilogik

a nice simple mod is to paint the plastic grills a satin black, as the grey looks to plastic like. Also how about painting up the front to make it look that little bit more aggressive?

Could also look good with some rear spats on the back with the centre done black to match front  s:) :) s:)

You can tell im bored haha.

sam1176uk

That looks good mate, hmm gets my brain ticking!  Wonder if that could be done diy or would need a bodyshop?  Could probably wrap it eh?

Ilogik

You could proably DIY it, but the wrap sounds the best bet as its reversible

sam1176uk

DIY wrap could be messy lol.

Mike G

That clay bars amazing stuff   s:D :D s:D
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

manchestermatt1986

Dont know if its me being numb, but i didnt get a great deal of efefct from using the claybar. did all the precautions and used plenty of lubricant. Might give it another go at somepoint. Car looks good mate   s:) :) s:)  

Matt
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

StuM

Hi All,

I presume that you are all aware of this, but just in case... the process of claying should be followed up with polishing and then waxing.  Just claying would leave the paint flat and unprotected..

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

roger

Quote from: "StuM"Hi All,

I presume that you are all aware of this, but just in case... the process of claying should be followed up with polishing and then waxing.  Just claying would leave the paint flat and unprotected..

Cheers,
Stu

..... and if you continue to wax (and occasionally polish) you will never need to clay bar again. To do it a second time is an admission of bad housekeeping.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

sony

hi,
nice car could you tell me what make the front bumper is, and are the front fogs easy to wire up.

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "StuM"Hi All,

Cheers,
Stu

yes, i have  a full detaling kit and multidirection buffer. there seems to be some blemishes i cant get out, i took it to my friend who does detailing as a side job and he said they seem to be in the paint and could be 'birth marks'. anyhow, tried everything and just had ot be careful not to burn into the paint with the buffer.

Matt
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

FGrob

What's a claybar   s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

We have plenty of clay here in Stoke - any good do you think.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

sam1176uk

Quote from: "sony"hi,
nice car could you tell me what make the front bumper is, and are the front fogs easy to wire up.

Netz sport mate, and not sure about the fogs as I didn't do them but can't see there being any problems.

Tags: