Snow and other questions

Started by tomcoolj, November 30, 2010, 15:45

tomcoolj

Its been snowing in Edinburgh for about four days now, and I've not been able to move my '2 for 3 of them. When I did take it out three days ago I took it to a car park and messed around in the snow for a bit, because I'm fairly new to RWD still. I was quite surprised with the grip, it really is a case of once you kick out it is extremely difficult to control at anything above 2MPH. I haven't taken it out since, I don't intend to for some time.

Now to the serious questions. As you can see from the pictures it gonna be a while before I can take it out again. Am I better off starting it let the engine warm up, or just leaving it till I can actually go anywhere?

Additionally there is some snow in the air induction vents at the back? Will this interfere with the engine at all?

Thanks!

custardavenger

Snow in side vents not a problem.

I wouldn't bother starting it until you need it though if it's a really long time you may want to give it a run to charge the battery but this takes a while ticking over in a car park.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

stargazer30

Heres one for you all, do you need to clear the snow off the soft top to prevent it stretching it, or is that an urban myth?

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   PS I did mine every day just incase  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

custardavenger

Sent it to Mythbusters.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: