Rear facing child seat ???

Started by xsarahx, December 6, 2010, 20:37

xsarahx

Is it possible to safely fit a rear facing child seat in the 2 ? and is there a way of disabling the passenger airbag ?

In my last car there was a lock and unlock function you simply turned on and off with the ignition key.
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

You can't disable the passenger airbag, although i believe the yanks got it.
Not sure about the seat, but it has been covered, do a search.

stargazer30

come on seriously no point in having an MR2 with a young baby unless its a 2nd car.  Its not just the baby seat its the nappies, buggy and the sheer mountain of stuff you need to take with you.  The 2 has no boot and its not gonna work.  A friend of mine at work actually tired it with hers gave up and bought a golf.

PS she still regrets it,  erm the golf not the baby lol
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

xsarahx

Just to clarify - i dont have children and got no itention of such at the moment !

I have a niece who i would like to bring to my house without having to borrow my sisters 1.1 saxo  s:) :) s:)
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

stargazer30

Quote from: "xsarahx"Just to clarify - i dont have children and got no itention of such at the moment !

I have a niece who i would like to bring to my house without having to borrow my sisters 1.1 saxo  s:) :) s:)

This is still very dangerous ground.  You might get broody!
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

xsarahx

Not a chance   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

My 'baby' is now parked outside all snuggly under her new cover, (with a  bit of at home modification, the aid of a sewing machine and my other half's mum we managed to make it fit) !

Defo need to invest in a hardtop, its like someone pulling my teeth out seeing it exposed to all this ice and snow, even with the cover on.

michaelasaunders

Not exactly on topic but may be of interest.

My son is 5, so I drive him around occasionally on a booster seat. This used to convert into a full seat, which I used occasionally when he was 3.

When not in use, the booster fits above the spare wheel in the bonnet.

I also got rid of the doors to the luggage compartment behind the seats, its so much easier to load and unload bags and gives more luggage space.
Fiat Stilo 1.9TD 53 plate - 3 door - red
Ex-MR2 - X reg, Blue, Hard Top

mrzwei

You need to read pages 60 and 64 of the pre-facelift manual and / or pages 64 and 68 of the post face-lift manual.
Personally, the air bag went and I blacked out and ended up with a cracked spern something or other.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: