:-( Vandals - bodyshop advice - sheffiled?

Started by *andy*, December 13, 2010, 13:15

*andy*

Came out the other day to find a nice dent in my door, scratch on my wing and a couple of dents on my bonnet! Absolutely gutted!   s:( :( s:(   Why do people feel the need to do it!!?

Does anyone have any experience of any body shops around Sheffield? I have had a quote from somewhere for £300+VAT but I would like a recommendation of a good garage after having some bad experiences in the past (Even from so called Insurance accredited places)

(Door Dent - doesn't pick it out very well but its a fairly big crease and the paint has flaked off)

Ilogik

If the bonnet/wing/door need repainting i think thats an ok price, the door alone Id say about £150 to £200. Shame your not closer could recommend two very good bodyshops.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

muffdan

try getting a quote from chips away (it there's one in your area)  m http://www.chipsaway.co.uk m . They're a franchise so prices/quality may vary but they'll come to you to quote a repair. I had a lot worse than that repaired good as new for £120. That included deep cuts in the rear bumper with multiple creases, dents and missing paint in the rear wing, including a couple of creases/dents that crossed the standard wheel arch creases.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Curlytoppz

Buggers   s:( :( s:(

firepower

thats gutting   s:( :( s:(  hope you get a good respray and repair ...... silver seems to be a difficult colour to match
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

*andy*

Yeh I didn't think the quote was too bad to spray the doors, wing and bonnet. I'm just used to paying mates rates but my mate has now moved to Australia! It's even more annoying as I have facelift front and back lights to go on but don't want them on now until I get it sorted. Just bought a unichip and was on the lookout for an exhaust too (which will now have to wait) It always comes at the wrong time!

I would try chips away but the quality seems to really vary between franchises, I have seen some good repairs but heard of some really bad ones too.

Treboeth

Not nice at all some real A*seh*les about ,if that was my car I`d have to hunt them down to have a chat

on the other hand be happy the did`nt touch the roof that would have been bad  s:( :( s:(  

good luck with repairs though.

Mike G

The word that comes to mind to describe the sort of people that do this kind of thing rhymes with hunts
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

WillsSayers

Yeah, the stupid stunts.......?!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

skinz

had some kids jump over my bonnet 2weeks after it came out bodyshop, left it just now, but was quoted £160 for repair/respray was around average price for bonnet I could find up here, you may be able to find one on ebay tho - usually selling under £100 so may be a cheaper option if you can find right colour.

aglassinthesink

Quote from: "skinz"had some kids jump over my bonnet 2weeks after it came out bodyshop, left it just now, but was quoted £160 for repair/respray was around average price for bonnet I could find up here, you may be able to find one on ebay though - usually selling under £100 so may be a cheaper option if you can find right colour.
+1 if panel repair is looking at being a few hundred then a replacement would almost certainly be cheaper

Could be worse tho at least they didn't go through the roof
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

Fatbloater

Feel for ya mate. Ive had 2 wing mirrors ripped off cars. Doesn't sound much but yer talking £150+ with all these modern electrics and cast alloy innerds.

Nothing more annoying and even if they caught them it'll likely be some little scrote who pays back half the cost over 14 years out of his Giro which working people are earning money to give him in the first place !   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

Anonymous

I feel for you,I think people would see a grown man cry if I came out to that.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:( :( s:(

Tags: