Xmas Treats

Started by AmeR, December 25, 2010, 12:00

AmeR

So who has treated their '2 to some shine new bits for Christmas then?

Not sure an O2 sensor counts as a treat - more essential!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Although I should have a sub in before new years!!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Ilogik

Was quite tempted to get the rest of the car resprayed, but this weather's putting me off doing anything to the rollerskate due to it being made of egg shells.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

mrzwei

Got a cracking little 1/4, 3/8 drive socket set from my son, which, come to think of it, simply replaces the one he 'borrowed' off of me last time he moved flat.   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Fatbloater

Yeah I got a nice socket set so will be de-catting it. Also bought some Renovo roof restorer to get the roof tip top.
New stereo is almost fitted, single DIN full bluetooth with Iphone connectivity and carkit.

Am I spoiling her ?
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

evileye_wrx

I got myself the new Exige Wing for the VX and a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII reader. Tomorrow I'm off to the sales to buy a 50 inch TV, PS3 and GT5 Whoo hoo!!

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

muffdan

Hope you're getting a Panasonic V20 50" TV there Phil  s:) :) s:)  Oh, and you may want to consider swapping the PS3/GT5 for a 360/Forza-3  s;) ;) s;)  Forza's the better game and GT5 just hasn't lived up to expectations IMHO.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

AmeR

Oooh I could go for another TV!! as well as everything else on my wish list... Santa did not deliver this year!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "muffdan"Hope you're getting a Panasonic V20 50" TV there Phil  s:) :) s:)  Oh, and you may want to consider swapping the PS3/GT5 for a 360/Forza-3  s;) ;) s;)  Forza's the better game and GT5 just hasn't lived up to expectations IMHO.

If there is enough knocked off the price!! and I've promised myself a PS3 so it'll have to be GT5. If it isn't 'all that' I'll just buy need for speed   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

aglassinthesink

Well the car itself was my Christmas present along with the markiii pipe I've ordered, looking forward to getting that one. I want a new spoiler cos I don't think the car looks right without one and I'm watching one on eBay that ends tonight so hopefully I'll have another present soon   s:) :) s:)  

And since I'm ps3 only I can't compare but I'm not disappointed by gt5
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

AmeR

Quote from: "aglassinthesink"Well the car itself was my Christmas present along with the markiii pipe I've ordered, looking forward to getting that one. I want a new spoiler cos I don't think the car looks right without one and I'm watching one on eBay that ends tonight so hopefully I'll have another present soon   s:) :) s:)  

And since I'm ps3 only I can't compare but I'm not disappointed by gt5

Yeah I guess the car was a small early Xmas pressie to myself too!! Can't stop myself shopping though!! Wasn't keen on the spoiler on mine when I saw the pics before viewing it, but I actually really like it!!! Is it a Toyota or aftermarket jobbie you have your eye on??

aglassinthesink

Gutted, I found it on eBay on my phone last night walking home from the pub (very merry   s:) :) s:)  it is Christmas) and got the end times wrong for the auction so I've missed it. Well I like the TRD lip spoiler which was on a car I very nearly bought but the one I really want is the c-one wing, makes the rear look much better I think. Which one have you got on yours?
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

Gary Groves

i have had a cracking set of 15" black Team Dynamics

AmeR

I've got this one:

Borrowed pic (hope nobody minds!!), so imagine it on a prefacelift red car...  s:D :D s:D

aglassinthesink

Quote from: "AmeR"I've got this one:

Borrowed pic (hope nobody minds!!), so imagine it on a prefacelift red car...  s:D :D s:D
I like that one a lot very similar to what I'm after! If Santa could have fitted that in his sack I'd have been very happy
-Paul

Mad Matt

Not this year. She got a chip and MarkIII pipe last year and she herself was a present the year before. As for GT5, it depends what you're looking for as I like it a lot and 1.05 has made it even better  :-) :-) :-)

aglassinthesink

Quote from: "Mad Matt"Not this year. She got a chip and MarkIII pipe last year and she herself was a present the year before. As for GT5, it depends what you're looking for as I like it a lot and 1.05 has made it even better  :-) :-) :-)
Yeah that update has made it loads better, love the new races it's put on, finally got a good race for the RX7 too   s8) 8) s8)
-Paul

creamykiwi

lol yep, I got my insurance and new tyres as a Christmas present this year - that'll teach me to buy a sports car six days before Christmas!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  jobhunting in the new year so I can buy pretty things for her  s:D :D s:D

I am planning to nip to Mr T and get myself a J-spec badge tomorrow though  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Treat mine to a cross channel ferry ride next year so it can take me to Tuscany   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

scotched

A yellow '00, picked me up the week before xmas:

aglassinthesink

What do you have over the back of it? Looks different and I like it   s:) :) s:)
-Paul

AmeR

Quote from: "aglassinthesink"What do you have over the back of it? Looks different and I like it   s:) :) s:)

I've seen those once or twice before. They're moulded fibreglass covers for the soft top. See them on some posh motors etc... I quite like them, and judging from the pic they wouldn't get in the way of my style bar!!!!!   s8) 8) s8)

scotched

Quote from: "aglassinthesink"What do you have over the back of it? Looks different and I like it   s:) :) s:)

(Ginormous wing has since been removed)

-

Other spyderchat members notified me that it's a rare, perfect fitting, aero-buldge top cover (http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?44698-Anyone-know-what-wing-spoiler-this-is.  I didn't really like it until I found out that nobody has it.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   It's not for sale unless a hardtop is somehow thrown into the picture.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

DannyN

For Christmas mine has the following

1x LUK Clutch
  1x Lightweight Fidanza Flywheel
  1x 200 CEL Sports Cat

And it will finally be getting a couple of other shiny bits added that have been sat in the garage/bedroom/other peoples homes etc all added at the same time
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

K T M Rider

at some point during the Xmas season might spend a few pence on a battery charge.

Not sure what the capacity of the battery is but assuming 60AH, currently 50% charged and no charging losses:

0.5 x 60(AH) = 30(AH)

30(AH) x 12V = 360Watt Hours = 0.36KWh.

1 unit of electricity (= 1 KWh) is about 13p

so by my calculations I need to spend 4.68p on electricity   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Tags: