Dealer or no Dealer?

Started by Willbott, February 13, 2011, 18:58

Willbott

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Stifler

Just interested to know.  I guess as well that a heavy AC unit can also contribute to worse mpg, although in a car like the MR2 this may have a negligable impact.

And yes, I am a track day addict!  s;) ;) s;)

mrzwei

Quote from: "Stifler"I guess as well that a heavy AC unit can also contribute to worse mpg,

Because the ac compressor is driven from the engine it will absorb an element of power that would otherwise have gone to the back wheels so you would have to push the gas pedal slightly harder to get the same performance. I doubt that you could measure the difference though.

(you could argue the same for a supercharger    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

bigwillcv36

Quote from: "Willbott"Hey Bluecat and Roger!

Great tips! Very helpful. I think I'll A/C to my wish list. As I need to commute in the car, being able to de-mist and get going ASAP in the winter would be a real bonus.

Cheers guys.

I have a "red" edition 2004 (without hard top or A/C) that I've had for about 7 months.... It is the best thing I have ever bought!  I think it's safe to say I'm a little obsessed with it  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

I have to say that I haven't missed A/C at all... I used it loads in my previous car, but the standard mr2 heater/air seems to be fantastic, and my windows de-mist in seconds..
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

K T M Rider

Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Ullevi

Quote from: "Willbott"That's kind of what I was thinking. Great if you get it, but a bonus really. Find the straight honest car first. The other aspects are more important to me. It's really good to hear about this from you though, as you never know - some cars mist up all the time and are rubbish without A/C. Thanks for the insight.

This car is absolutely fine without AC.

I have AC on my other cars so I am well used to using it, and I must say I never have wished for it in the MR2. Having said that it can get nice and toasty in hot sunshine in slow traffic but I like it hot. No problems misting up for me.

I just use the "Natural Air Condition" feature, in other words GET THE ROOF DOWN! LOL
05 Sable "Red" Special Edition with red leather interior and red soft top.TTE twin exhaust,Dev\'s keyhole covers,Rhon\'s red leather armrest roll covers,Lockwood Roadster metal sil covers.ESAD chrome binacle rings and hazard light button surround.

Tags: