Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "Ilogik"why 35, for got 40 WOMAN  s:P :P s:P
What are you prattling on about now?

Your bewb size big boy  s:) :) s:)
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

rolling radius of a 205/40 is match with a 225 only if it is 35 profile. make it 40 and the fronts go round once and the backs still have a way to go. plus its screws up the car running different rolling radius

JiMR2

So your saying to match 205/40 i'd need 225/35??? And that'd be cool?
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Anonymous

yes you be fine with thoses sizez

Ilogik

go for 40 profile on the rear 35 will be way skinny.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"go for 40 profile on the rear 35 will be way skinny.

35 on the will have the same hight side wall to the front. 40 is approx 10mm more. remember the profile is a percentage of the width ie 35 percent and 40 percent.

Anonymous

Hiya Pete, How are you doing mate? seen you at one of the shows earlier on in the year as was admiring the "sticker" that was put on your wind break! lol ....

Did you go for some new rims in the end? What size did you go for? I was thinking of getting some 17" but after reading this it doesn't sound like such a good idea!! Would love to know what you went with in the end   s:D :D s:D

mrzwei

Larger wheels will, all other things being equal mean that you will lose some acceleration but gain some top end speed provided that there are enough revs left.
This will alter if you use low profile tyres on the rims.
The stock rims are pretty light and you would be hard pushed to beat them. Light = less unsprung weight so better handling.
Personally, I wouldn't bother with aftermarket wheels, I'd just refurbish the stock ones.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

VVT-i

Quote from: "Ilogik"go for 40 profile on the rear 35 will be way skinny.

How can you say that?... Whether or not a 35 profile is too skinny depends on how wide the tyre is.

It's an aspect ratio, the "35" is 35% of the width of the tyre... in this case 35% of 225.

The difference between the 225x35/17 and the facelift std rear 215x45/16 is -31.96mm over the rolling radius of the tyre... or if you prefer, -1.77%.

A 224x40/17 would be a difference of =35.89mm or =1.98%... the 225x35/17 is the closest you will get.

However...all of this is ofcourse irrelevent since there isn't a manufacturer that supplies a 225x40/17 in the UK  ( I only know of Hero 555 tyres from America.. which aren't safety appreooved in Europe) so if you wanted to stick with 225 in width with a higher profile than 25.. you would need 45's.. you do the maths to see if they will fit.

Although not recommended, 225x35/17 will fit on a 7J rim, will be a tight fit, but should sit ok, a 7.5J rim would be perfect.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Ilogik

my bad i was thinking 215's   s:o :o s:o ops.

Tags: