Pre-Facelift/Facelift Straw Poll

Started by Willbott, March 17, 2011, 21:16

Toplesscouple

Interesting Ebay ad (I know we aren't supposed to put these on, but it's about the text content rather than the car)

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-TOYOTA-MR2-R ... 3366396fe2 m

I guess it went in for a service in 2008 (just inside the 7 year extended engine warranty) and the dealer found out a new engine was available under that warranty, rather than a dealer recall.

K T M Rider

Quote from: "Toplesscouple"Interesting Ebay ad.............

especially the way it turns into a Facelift in the last two photos (with number plate conveniently erased), which also happen to be the only two pics with the roof up   s:? :? s:?  

Item location - Crook.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Willbott

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"

especially the way it turns into a Facelift in the last two photos (with number plate conveniently erased), which also happen to be the only two pics with the roof up   s:? :? s:?  

Tee Hee!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Steve Green

Quote from: "Willbott"
Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"

I have emailed the vendor asking if facelift parts have been fitted to a 2002 car. I don't think so personally.

Proceed with caution.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Toplesscouple

Quote from: "Steve Green"
Quote from: "Willbott"
Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"especially the way it turns into a Facelift in the last two photos (with number plate conveniently erased), which also happen to be the only two pics with the roof up   s:? :? s:?  

I have emailed the vendor asking if facelift parts have been fitted to a 2002 car. I don't think so personally.

Proceed with caution.

Does it matter, he's not selling it as a Facelift car. Maybe he got his pictures mixed up.

Anonymous

If you are happy to deal with someone whose advert is at best misleading, or more possibly fraudulent, then no it does not matter.

Toplesscouple

Fraudulent because he possibly accidentally put on 2 wrong pics? The number plate is blanked out on the Facelift pics and it does look to me like two different cars. Let's see how he responds to Steve Greens email, eh.

Anonymous

Pretty sure ebay rules do not allow you to use pics of a car you are not selling.

Tags: