GOT ONE!!!

Started by Willbott, March 20, 2011, 10:02

Willbott

We've got one!!!  s:D :D s:D  

Hello all. Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on the forum for their help and input, and to let you know we finally have our own MR2!!!

Got it yesterday, and drove home in the sunshine with the roof down as pleased as punch!!!

Went for a blue pre-FL with black leather. I really like the way it looks, and love the way it drives.

Really love the car, and can't wait to start fiddling with it.

Thanks again for all your help and ideas, and see you on here again very soon.

Will and Katie   s:D :D s:D  

PS. Of course a 6th gear would have been nice on the motorway yesterday, but you can't have everything! Now I just need to stop the breaks grummbling and I'm sorted for the summer.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Willbott"got a late 2002 pre-facelift car that Toyota confirm was built 04/2002 - so should have the re-designed piston rings and pistons, and the later design of engine block - but still looks pre-facelift outside.
Hope you are right  s:D :D s:D  
Questionable though  s:? :? s:?
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

muffdan

Congratulations! Will we be seeing you at any meets? The Spring Ding day will be a good one.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Willbott

Quote from: "Peter Wright"
Quote from: "Willbott"got a late 2002 pre-facelift car that Toyota confirm was built 04/2002 - so should have the re-designed piston rings and pistons, and the later design of engine block - but still looks pre-facelift outside.
Hope you are right  s:D :D s:D  
Questionable though  s:? :? s:?

Cheers Peter!   s:D :D s:D  

Will

Willbott

Quote from: "muffdan"Congratulations! Will we be seeing you at any meets? The Spring Ding day will be a good one.

Cheers Muffdan!

Hope to see you at a few meets this summer!

Thanks for all the help and advice.   s:D :D s:D  

Will

Toplesscouple

Two things that are missing from your OP, Willbott: Mileage and pics   s:D :D s:D  

Fantastic news about the purchase and definately interesting about the possibility of some PF cars having the newer engine as standard. Best of both worlds then!   s:D :D s:D  

Keep an eye open for meets and we'll maybe get together some time once your busy schedule has settled down.   s:) :) s:)

K T M Rider

certainly would be interesting to know both the current mileage & (once you have sufficiently increased it) what the level of oil consumption is.

If the 2002 MY roadsters (like the facelifts) have no tendency to use oil, then it's the one I would have gone for too given the choice.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Mike G

Glad you got one sorted in the end Will and looking forward to seeing some shots of it
Mike
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

Stifler

Congratulations on the purchase!

The weather was brilliant yesterday, hopefully you'll get many more days like it this summer to enjoy the car  s:) :) s:)

Willbott

Cheers guys!  s:D :D s:D  

You've all been so helpful, it's made the whole process of finding the car really interesting.

Mileage is 60k and rising rapidly!!! Been too busy driving it all weekend to do pics. Did give the leather (it's blue with black leather) a little clean today - but other than that it's all been driving.

Love the old school Sony stereo!!! It's like a "midi system" in the car!

I'll keep you all posted on oil consumption etc, and get some pics up once I stop driving the thing for 5 mins!

Cheers!

Will   s:D :D s:D  

PS they are real head-turners aren't they?!   s8) 8) s8)

2003bluecat

Congrats!

Get some night time roof down driving in too (if you haven't already), it really is something else, especially with that 'supermoon' last night.

Willbott

Did a bit last night cheers Bluecat!

Country blast from Somerset back to Bristol. Roof down, heater on. I used to do that same drive 20 years ago in my X1/9 with the roof off. It really took me back. Lovely....

Mike G

Where did you source the car in the end Will ?
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

Willbott

Got it from Autotrader - a guy just up the M5 from me. Really pleased with it so far....Had to reduce my budget, but still very happy with the car considering the money.

Cheers Mike, and I hope you are able to keep yours.

Will

Treboeth

Congrats Will told you it would happen.

Dont forget to get a cap it will stop you burning in the sun  s:D :D s:D

Willbott

Thanks man! Good plan with the cap. The chap I bought it off left some sun tan lotion in the glove box so I didn't fry going home yesterday!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: