Touch-up paint on bubbling alloys at 50k service!

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2004, 12:51

Anonymous

Hi there.

I think I've read almost every thread on the known bubbling alloys issue, but as far as I'm aware no-one else has reported this so far...

My car went in for it's 3.5 year old 50k service this week, and even though the car was spotless when it went in, I could see that they'd still valeted it and blacked the tyres, etc.

Just been out to lunch and was grumbling about my 2nd set of brake disks rusting already, when I noticed that the ugly black blisters on the front wheels had been painted silver! (with one coat of thin paint admittedly...)

It would have been nice if they'd offered to replace the wheels instead, but it was a nice gesture all the same....

Or as they're clearly aware of the problem, are they just trying to placate me in case I kick up a stink and they have to bend the rules slightly on the corrosion part of the warranty?!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Do you think it's worth pestering the service manager?!

Tim

Slacey

Got to be worth a go!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

as they say

nothing ventured, nothing gained
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

what they don't say is:  nothing ventured... no embarrasment

s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"what they don't say is:  nothing ventured... no embarrasment

s:) :) s:)

LOL! Well, I guess it is worth a try. I've already had in-depth dealings with the service manager over my belt tensioner wearing out 2 months after warranty...
It seems that these queries just go straight to Toyota Customer relations though, and they have a notice stuck up somewhere which reads:

"More than 2 months outside the 3 year warranty - forget it sunshine!"

So I don't hold out much hope!

Tim

Tags: