2003/2004 MR2 Model Upgrades

Started by Anonymous, April 6, 2011, 15:39

Anonymous

Hi Everyone,  I am now in a position that I can buy a MR2 - My budget will allow for a 2003 or 2004 model.  In an ideal world I would like a 'Red' model.  I understand that in 2004 Toyota made some small revisions to the car 1. Crash protection as improved and 2. Hide height was increased. Can anyone tell me if it is worth trying to get the modified version, or did it not really make any difference to the car.  Also, does anyone have experience of post fit heated seats?  As I like to get the roof down as much as possible and they really come into thier own on the cold winter months.  Finally I have £4,200 to spend and obviously want the best car I can afford for the money - anyone selling?  Once again thanks to all of you guys for your expert and friendly advice.  Illya

Anonymous

AmeR

Welcome along!

There is a section in the reference area that has all the model changes listed per year that may help!? As for experience I'm afraid that mine have been 00 and 01 models so can't help you there!!

I have just fitted heated seats in mine myself thanks to some pads and wiring sent by Tem on here. Found it a fairly easy job to be honest. Hardest part was getting the pads straight under the leather!! Lol! A fair few on here have retrofitted them themselves as it's much cheaper then getting Toyota to do it!!

Finally price wise depends a little on spec, mileage, private or trade. There are a few about and if you have a read of some of the info available on the site you will find yourself in a better position to be looking!! Failing that, we are a friendly bunch so will try and help as much as possible!!  s:D :D s:D

Tags: