advice on PPE parts

Started by SandmanMR2, April 14, 2011, 09:04

SandmanMR2

Hi guys.

I have had a quick search on here and couldnt find much about this product combo from PPE Engineering

m http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestore.c ... tegoryId=4 m

Does anybody have any experience with PPE parts? if so what are they like and is it worth paying the exta price to ship them from the states or is it worth looking elsewhere?

Thanks
Previously owned a 06 MR2 Roadster TF edition No.117 - Debadged Rear - Midship Front Badge - PPE Intake - TTE Springs - TTE Twin Exhaust - Pre-Cats Removed - Cobra Sports Cat - RAF Tornado Black OEM Alloys With Midship Badges - RAF Tornado Black TRD Style Spoiler

Now the proud owner of a Crystal Pearl White 2010 Mazda 3 MPS

roger

No experience of buying from them, but I have their turbo (bought second hand) and it works beautifully, so I reckon they know what they are doing.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

loadswine

Roger, you have the PE ( Power Enterprise) turbo kit. I think its a different company from PPE Engineering.
I think various people either have their manifold or intake. They are supposed to be pretty good by all accounts.
ChrisGB had a PPE manifold I think.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

very highly rated over on spyderchat, contact them directly about postage, their figures on site are way ott, they wanted 300 to ship an intake whilst che only charges $60 haha.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

SandmanMR2

Cheers guys im also in touch with exhausts uk in sheff over a cobra custom high flow cat, im awaiting on shipping cost pricing from PPE in the states to see which would be worth going for, but if i wwnt for that then i need to find places that do either pre-built manifolds/headers or decent custom ones.
Previously owned a 06 MR2 Roadster TF edition No.117 - Debadged Rear - Midship Front Badge - PPE Intake - TTE Springs - TTE Twin Exhaust - Pre-Cats Removed - Cobra Sports Cat - RAF Tornado Black OEM Alloys With Midship Badges - RAF Tornado Black TRD Style Spoiler

Now the proud owner of a Crystal Pearl White 2010 Mazda 3 MPS

Ilogik

another good site is monkeywrench racing, they also offer PPE stuff along with little rocket and Che items, so knock yourself out.

m Http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com m
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

OldMan

The PPE header is highly regarded here in the States.
However, don't dismiss the Zero_Exhausts header, which is a UK product.
http://www.zeroexhausts.co.uk/products.htm

The PPE is a 4-into-1 design, good for horsepower at high rpm.
The Zero_Exhausts header is 4-into-2-into-1, good for midrange torque.

The PPE header must be used with the PPE midpipe.
The Zero_Exhausts header can be used with the stock midpipe or various replacements.

I went with the Zero_Exhausts header and am quite pleased with it.
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

Tags: