Where to buy Apexi Induction Kit????

Started by pazaz21, May 13, 2011, 11:59

pazaz21

Why am I having a nightmare trying to find an Apexi induction kit?  I don't want to order from Envy because of horror stories, Nengun want nearly £180.  I have seen them on ebay from america.

Does anyone know of a place with a reasonable price that will actually produce the goods?    s:D :D s:D  

I'm after the Apexi kit for noise, I'm not bothered about it sucking in hot air so no performance gain.  Plus I read they offer the best filtration.
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

nathanMR2

Ive just ordered another Apexi Filter for me PPE which i had to get from Nengun. Shipping is taking some time and they arent cheap with postage (but are cheaper than most other places)

Ive now been told there is a way to clean the Apexi Filters so my old one will be up for sale shortly if your interested?

It will mean you would need to work out the plumbing for it though
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

pazaz21

I would be, but I need the whole kit as I don't have the intake tube with the maf holes etc.  I just have the standard air box + panel filter.  

I have seen standard universal replacement Apexi filters on ebay from £23 to £50 but I would still have no way of fitting it.  They say you can use a flange adapter but this doesn't have holes for the maf sensor so no use.

Il prob just go for one from america and make sure it is a 508-t024 Kit with all the tubing etc.  Works out cheaper than Nengun.  I wish demon Tweeks did them then I could go pick it up  s:) :) s:)
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

Wabbitkilla

I ended up getting my replacement filter from Nengun in the end.
Infamously I was ripped off by a company in Glasgow so am wary of companies in this country who claim to supply them.
There are a couple of motorsport companys courtesey of Google, but I would investigate their reputations online first and make sure i could talk to them on the 'phone!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

nathanMR2

Id also be very careful about buying Apexi stuff off ebay... there seems to be a lot of counterfeit stuff being produced
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Goeman

Try JDM Performance. They're not the quickest (because they'll have to order it from Japan) or the most communicative but they will get you what you want and at a good price.
Russell

mrzwei

Does it have to be Apexi? I bought an Air Impulse II kit from Rogue ex stock.  Not cheap but good.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Ive just ordered another Apexi Filter for me PPE which i had to get from Nengun. Shipping is taking some time and they arent cheap with postage (but are cheaper than most other places)

Ive now been told there is a way to clean the Apexi Filters so my old one will be up for sale shortly if your interested?

It will mean you would need to work out the plumbing for it though

Don't mean to hi jack the topic...

Nathan,

Re cleaning the Apexi, can you give me a an idea on how to do it or steer me to Website.

Thanks,

B
W. B. Webster

*andy*

I was looking for one recently and came across this place

m http://www.tbdevelopments.com/catalog/p ... ucts_id=52 m

I did not purchase from them as I am re-thinking what I'm doing with the 2 but I did have a search for them and found some reviews on various Toyota websites.

As I didn't use them I am NOT recommending them but might be somewhere to look into?

pazaz21

Thanks guys:

JDM arnt accepting any new orders due to a project they are doing?

TBDevelopments looks like a good price but says added 2005? hmmmmm.

Contacted the guy on ebay in america, asked him if it was a 508-t024 full kit (filter, pipe with maf holes and adapter etc) he said its the code but no pipe for maf, just filter and adapter???  How would it fit without a supplied pipe with maf holes from apexi? so staying clear of that one.

May stick with nengun.

Anonymous

i might be able to help undesided on what to do as i need something for my intake when i supercharge but my be able to cut my current system. anyway long story but i have the apexi maf bit in a box of bits but no filter or pipe but i guess thats the east bit to find. pm if your interested never know you might convince to let to go lol

Tags: