93,000 Miles

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2011, 19:14

Anonymous

Well I have now got my car back from Mr T's after having the clutch replaced and looking at the old unit I'm pleased how well it has stood up to........... two track days, two trips to Corfu (not withstanding "Corfu playtime"   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   ), the French meet where it got some serious abuse playing with the guys from MRS Passion  s:roll: :roll: s:roll: , touring the Black Forest and general "Pleasure" driving  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

It "Might" have survived the up and coming Tuscany trip, but the risk wasn't worth it especially when it didn't feel right when pulling hard through the gears and what felt like "slippage" when put into 5th, I must say that it feels like I could blow on the pedal now to disengage the clutch as it feels so light   s:) :) s:)  

Here's the pictures......
A bit rusty after all these years

Still plenty of meat..

No scoring...

Treboeth

Les
is that the original  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Treboeth"Les
is that the original  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Sure is   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

normanh

Les , out of interest what did your Mr T charge fot doing the clutch? I got robbed at about £730

norman

Wabbitkilla

Actually looks pretty good ....well driven there Les
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "normanh"Les , out of interest what did your Mr T charge fot doing the clutch? I got robbed at about £730

norman
Was a few pennies under £ 400 Norman

muffdan

Glad to hear it's all ready and good to go now!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

loadswine

£400 is not bad for a Mr T replacement. Mine only cost £106, but had to do it myself. I don't know how to quantify the aches, scrapes and swear cloud that accomapnied my clutch change!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
That should see you good for quite a few miles now Les.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

northernalex

glad its sorted
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: