Haha ! Take that Aston Martin !!

Started by xsarahx, July 14, 2011, 22:32

xsarahx

Ive just got back from a very short caravan trip to Tenby   s:( :( s:(   whilst i was there in all this lovely weather i thought i would take a drive into town (with the roof down of course) so, the 2' got a few looks as i drove around, i found a parking space right in the centre of town where there were loads of people and what should pull up behind me ? Only a bloody brand new Aston Martin Vantage S with his roof off, Well................talk about p!$$ on my bonfire   s:x :x s:x   Astons are my fav car ever, & i had to pick my tongue back up off the floor, but there was the driver looking at himself in his interior mirror whilst brushing his hair off his face (yuk !) talking on the phone and laughing as loud as he could. obviously trying too hard to get attention, but his efforts didnt work because within 5 minutes i found myself in conversation with 4 people about MR2'S ! I didnt even see 1 other 2' there.

After a few moments he must of realised he was beat beacause he came over looked at my car and said "Huh, there is something wrong here, im not used to this lack of attention" - What an absolute a$$hole !
But he was soon shut up by an old man with a walking stick who relpied "well you and your flashy car with all its driver aids dont live in the real world do you, This here is a proper drivers car" Haha ! i was shocked into silence and so was the AM driver  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Didnt realise how loved these little cars are. But i must say when i was driving home through the country lanes with the roof down, sun shining, music blaring and singing at the top of my voice i realise how much i love it, im never going to let this car go, i wish it would last forever !

The real star is the Focus in the back ground who did all the towing and hard work !

And this is my co-driver, my 16 month old niece, im not happy about taking her out on the roads as i think she is still too small, but she loves going in the car and we went for a drive around the camp site.
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Mike_V

Love it   s:D :D s:D
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

AmeR

That's fantastic! Nice to see people recognise something ACTUALLY special!

That old guy shooting down the AM driver has made my day! I feel the phrase "You, sir, are a Legend!!" would have been in order!

stargazer30

Old guy is 100% spot on though.  I loose count of how many times I get the "its a hair dressers car" comment at work and I get tired of explaining how it takes a heck of a lot more skill to drive a 2 than it does your average car with driver aids.

Plus I really don't get people who by convertables to pose in, for me its about my driving enjoyment not to show off.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

xsarahx

I get seriously offended with the hairdressers car comments and i will defend the 2' untill the bitter end, thats what 1.6 pug cc's are for   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
(no offence if there are any hairdressers on here   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  0
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

nathanMR2

Its amazing how many people like the car. With me being mainly debagged and with a few of my own personal tweeks many people dont know what the car is and it can really attract attention. The other funny thing is a lot of mk2 owners really gave the mk3 some stick and i see more and more converting (excuse the pun)

Theres not many cars for the same price that can get the same sort of reaction  s:) :) s:)  its great to be part of the club  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

kentsmudger

Quote from: "xsarahx"...no offence if there are any hairdressers on here
Do not underestimate the power of the [strike:2rpw4cv4]Force[/strike:2rpw4cv4] Hairdresser
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

puma2

could get no beter place than to put a big head of am driver down and out in sunny tenby  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  very nice place   s:D :D s:D  and people, good for you to tell us your storey,  s:D :D s:D

smarty72

In my experience the people behind the 'hairdresser' comment all seem to have green eyes!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

JudoKilli

Brillian Sarah! Love it!

Whenever someone brings the 'hairdresser' comment up, I just ask 'why?'. Most of the time they've heard it from someone who heard it off someone else, and can't justify the comment. I also ask them when the last time they drove a rear wheel drive, mid engine, 2 seater lightweight sports car was and they tend to shut up.

Wabbitkilla

Haha, love it Sarah ... makes you feel all warm inside eh!

It's funny how the "hairdresser" comment fraternity shut up when you take them for a ride in the car and show its potential to make you grin.
I suppose the AM driver wa the type to laugh "hwah hwah hwah"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Keep going, keep enjoying
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

blackice2

To be fair to the AM driver , if that was a Roadster S , as they have just come out , is the best car Aston have made yet , and is the closest they have got to producing a truly stunning driver focus'd car , its the only one i would buy at this moment.

I have had 6 MR2's , and work for Aston Martin , so i feel i am in a good place to make this statement.  s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Not arguing about the quality of the Aston, only the posing of the Henry driving it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Dyn-Evo

And when WAS the last time anyone ACTUALLY saw  a hairdresser driving an MR2, exactly...?!  s:? :? s:?  

My next-door neighbour is a hairdresser, and she has a Fiesta Zetec.......after all, she needs some storage space to put the "tools of her trade"....!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And....they've just bought a brand new white Audi A3 convertible...so I guess that makes Audi's more of a hairdressers car than a '2...?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

mrzwei

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Its amazing how many people like the car. With me being mainly debagged

Are you sure it''s the car they're attracted to?   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

xsarahx

Quote from: "blackice2"To be fair to the AM driver , if that was a Roadster S , as they have just come out , is the best car Aston have made yet , and is the closest they have got to producing a truly stunning driver focus'd car , its the only one i would buy at this moment.

I have had 6 MR2's , and work for Aston Martin , so i feel i am in a good place to make this statement.  s:D :D s:D

I was waiting for you to comment on this   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Astons are the cars of my dreams and i really wish i had your job ! but it was uncalled for the way the driver acted, and the way he looked at my car, like 2's are heaps of junk, he deserved to get knocked off his high horse.
He was lucky that the old man got to him before i did   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

blackice2

Quote from: "xsarahx"
Quote from: "blackice2"To be fair to the AM driver , if that was a Roadster S , as they have just come out , is the best car Aston have made yet , and is the closest they have got to producing a truly stunning driver focus'd car , its the only one i would buy at this moment.

I was waiting for you to comment on this   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Astons are the cars of my dreams and i really wish i had your job ! but it was uncalled for the way the driver acted, and the way he looked at my car, like 2's are heaps of junk, he deserved to get knocked off his high horse.
He was lucky that the old man got to him before i did   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Dont get me wrong i agree with you completely , i love my MR2's and they are every bit as good against the aston's trust me   s:D :D s:D  .
my MK3 handles better than nearly all of them , and my turbo is quicker than all of them except the V12 vantage.

A lot of V8 aston drivers are just like all 911 drivers , see a true Aston owner , like DB9,DBS etc , will one , know all about the MR2's , and give it as much respect as we do to ASton martins.

Wabbitkilla

I would love to have a V8 Vantage Roadster, I love the look, the sound, thr beast  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Aston Martins are common as muck around this neck of the woods (Gaydon, Warwickshire) but this week I amused myself when I came across one of the burnt orange AM demonstrators (AML reg) pulled up on a grass verge just a couple of miles from the factory. The driver was clothed in a very expensive-looking full headscarf and dark glasses, while pulled up behind was another gleaming AM V8 and behind that a Ford of some sort with a couple of substantial looking minders. I couldn't resist an unnecessary downshift just to show off the noise from twin TTE exhausts as I swept past!

JoniiBoii

LOVE it!!! good old 2's.

manchestermatt1986

if you had chatted more you probably would have found out that actually the guy with the aston was a 'hairdresser' if he was checking himself in the mirror and playing with his hair.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

Tags: