Hardtop Insurance

Started by Bongo, April 10, 2004, 14:56

darrenjuggins

Best of luck with your premiums bongo, you certainly have started a good discussion.

let us know how you get on mate.

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Bongo"I've heard good things about Direct Line and their price was good, so hopefully it'll be ok, they also have the plus side that TTE springs might not affect the premium   s:D :D s:D

State to them that it lowers the car by less than 50mm (TTE=30mm). This is usually a crossover point for insurers. Lowering 50mm or less and there is (usually) no increase in your premium. Lowering 51mm or more and they do increase it.

Bongo

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "Bongo"I've heard good things about Direct Line and their price was good, so hopefully it'll be ok, they also have the plus side that TTE springs might not affect the premium   s:D :D s:D

State to them that it lowers the car by less than 50mm (TTE=30mm). This is usually a crossover point for insurers. Lowering 50mm or less and there is (usually) no increase in your premium. Lowering 51mm or more and they do increase it.

Thanks for the tip, if i'm successful then no doubt you'll be seeing my name added to the group buy. (I can see this site getting very expensive for me   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted: )

Bongo

Direct Line cover the hardtop both on and off the car, decent price aswell   s:D :D s:D

darrenjuggins

Thats great,

well done bongo.

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Bongo

Took them a while to sort it out - the bloke and his team leader had never heard of it - but they checked with the underwriting department and all was ok.

I made it clear that it was not standard equipment (at first he said it would be covered as it was standard kit), but an offical optional extra.

In the standard speech they give when i accepted the price they asked if the car was modified in any way from standard, including optional extras. So i guess that would mean they don't consider optional extras to be part of the insurance unless you declare them.

Anonymous

I was asked if the car or myself had been modified in any way.  Had a laugh at the later bit  s:) :) s:)

darrenjuggins

Have they been spying on you again phil ????   s:D :D s:D  

your not Miriam are you !!!!! LMAO !!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   ?

(sorry couldn't resist)

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

How did you guess?   s;) ;) s;)

darrenjuggins

Sorry Phil,

couldn't resist, anyway no doubt you will get your own back at JAE.

Cheers

Darren   s:D :D s:D    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D
Darren A. Juggins

Tags: