Right Angle Sockets £12.99 @ Aldi

Started by uktotty, August 12, 2011, 15:58

uktotty

DannyN

No 15mm   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

uktotty

That sucks mate and I dont know the quality either but 3 year guarantee and cheap too!

Steve Green

These sorts of spanners are very useful. I use mine regularly. A lot cheaper than Halfrauds.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

DannyN

Aldi tools are great, no worries with the quality.
But the 15mm spanner is used more that quite a lot on the 2
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

spit

Actually, the absence of a 15mm ratchet spanner of this type isn't a huge drawback when working on the '2 as the few situations requiring a 15mm would be better served with a socket.

Chances are you'd be using this type of tool more for 10's 12's and 14's...... but then there's no 12mm in the set   s:( :( s:(  
The 17mm is possibly not beefy enough to tackle those tired suspension bolts, but its a good holding tool for the bolt while you crank the nut with something stronger and take advantage of the spanner's ratchet feature.

At that price its a useful piece of kit to have around if the quality is reasonable, and having a ratchet option on a spanner can make horrid jobs less horrid.

Nice find Russ..... but its the Spanish Hot Chocolate that really caught my eye. Yum   s:D :D s:D
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

AmeR

I bought a full set of angled ratchet spanners (not jointed like above, and ratcheted both sides) in different sizes!! Massively handy when working on the car! They were a tenner or so on eBay! Result!

Tags: