Roof Latches - kept open!?!

Started by Anonymous, July 6, 2003, 12:13

Anonymous

Ive only just noticed today that you can leave the roof catches open, so when you come to put the roof up, you just pull it over and close the catches... am i the only person that used to close them up...?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I just thought they would have to be closed, but noticed today there is plenty of room for them to stay open... will make closing the roof even easier for me!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Yeah you can leave them open i always have supised you got teh roof down it's very cloudy in essex today   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Yeah you can leave them open i always have supised you got teh roof down it's very cloudy in essex today   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Clear blue sky's here, nice and warm too!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I've always left the catches open.  But then "always" isn't exactly a long time  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

One of those little things I guess, I have always closed them - I never thought about seeing if it would go down OK with the latches open. Well, I know now!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"One of those little things I guess, I have always closed them - I never thought about seeing if it would go down OK with the latches open. Well, I know now!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

exactly the same with me - but if you leave them open and get out to see how much space there is down there before you close it - i think it has been designed so you can leave them open for easy closing. Only thought of looking at it today!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I normally close ours, but have forgotten on a few occasions...I shall leave them open from now on...makes for a couple of seconds quicker.

Anonymous

Hi guys.

I never even thought about closing them before putting the roof down! I've always left them open, then it's just a simple matter of hauling the roof over my head, and then doing up the latches.

Incidentally I got caught out the other day with a sudden downpour, and managed to put the roof up on the move at about 25mph, whilst navigating a roundabout! heheh! Oh... no wait, I was safely parked and stationary at the time officer, now I think about it clearly..!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Talking of the hood.. there's a '2 in my work car-park who will insist on throwing back the roof and not pushing down the glass screen at the same time.. hence he always has a huge fold sticking up at the back edge.. drives me mad! I feel like leaving him a note, with some diagrams on how to do it properly!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Tim

Anonymous

Am I the only person here that has actually read the owners manual?!  That's how I knew how to lower the roof properly, including leaving the latches open!

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Am I the only person here that has actually read the owners manual?!  That's how I knew how to lower the roof properly, including leaving the latches open!

--H--

o-w-n-e-r-s.....m-a-n-u-a-l......?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I think I know the manual back to front 'Core!!! I have never closed the brackets............  s:? :? s:?

Darth Paul

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

What are you saying Darth?...................  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Darth Paul

Can't believe that people actually CLOSED the latches!  s:D :D s:D  

It's funny thinking about the extra effort involved in closing them before dropping the top.

It's even funnier thinking about the other way.

Imagine, if you will, that you're driving along when suddenly the heavens open... Car screeches to a halt (even MORE rain comes in). Reach back for the hood and yank it three quarters of the way up.

"C'mon, quick! It's pi$$ing it down!"

"Just a minute, I've got to open these poxy latches first!"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Totally daft, but understandable why some folk never realise that they are designed to be left open.  s:D :D s:D  

DP

Anonymous

They may be designed to be left open. I have always closed mine but left them open last night as an experiment. I am positive that the brackets rattle more open than when they are closed  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

How can you hear them over all the other rattles?!

--H--

Tags: