Cat damage - the road to recovery plus a few new shiny bits.

Started by FGrob, September 3, 2011, 12:38

FGrob

Quote from: "Steve Green"I really dont understand the whole of this story.
Whilst I symathise with the damage caused etc. I cannot really see the logic of claiming through the courts.
Hey that's the insurance companies decision, I'm just glad it can be sorted, although I would have prefered not to have the repair done in the first place. Don't worry about understanding the story - the bill is enough to put you off cat's for life - little  sbastard bastard sbastard s.

E - yes there is an excess it's £300 including protected no claims so I'm not too worried, it's just £300 I could do without spending at the moment but I'll have all winter for the paint to harden off.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

robsonic

Quote from: "FGrob"The interesting comment from the insurance company is they are going to contact the owner of the cat with a view of trying to claim the money back - that should be interesting.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Rob.

Just been reading my sainsbury's pet insurance policy. Deep breath...

'We will pay up to the following amount...£2,000,000....including legal costs and expenses against any amount that you become legally liable to pay as compensation for any claim or series of claims arising from any one event or source or original cause in respect or an incicent involving your pet causing...loss of or damage to property that does not belong to you and is neither in the charge of under the control of you, anyone in your employment or any member of your family or household'

So some pet insurance policies do cover personal liability, but that may be because its for general pet (dog or cat). Dog's I think are 'liable' for their behaviour (or their owners), as they are trainable, but cats not as they are deemed 'free spirits'.

If the owner has insurance, and you get on well, he might be willing to claim on that liability if you offer pay his excess...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2006-2016, but the love (and seatbelt covers) have happily passed to my daughter   s]

Wabbitkilla

Trouble is you're not forced to insure your pet.
Indeed my cat was of such a vintage that the companies refused to cover him.
It's a grey area really, if we tie down everyone in procedaures, clauses, and "must have insurance" then the world becomes a very dull place.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Ilogik"question is how big was this cat lol. Can't imagine my cat denting a car bonnet must have done a serious number on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Stephster

Did you iron him/her before you took that pic  s:D :D s:D  ? No wonder s/he looks so grumpy !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

evileye_wrx

No, he's just humongus! He's on the steroids as well as being very old and lazy. A bit like his master I suppose, apart from the steroids bit. I'm not on them
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Treboeth

Rob what happened with hhe roof?
Was there any damage or was that one part you actually had some luck with  s:? :? s:?

FGrob

Quote from: "Treboeth"Rob what happened with hhe roof?
Was there any damage or was that one part you actually had some luck with  s:? :? s:?
Thankfully is OK, gave it a good soaking. plus Toyota checked it for me while it was in for it's MOT - yep a bit of good news it passed  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

It did take some cleaning though, mainly foot prints made from concrete dust where it had been jumping up and down off the floor onto the car, fortunately it looked like it went to sleep in the garage roof space.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Treboeth

Good news then, won't be long before normality is resumed  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

FGrob

Well I thought I would up-date this thread, the car is 50% completed - basically the front (all parts have been sprayed including the back) and is now back on axle stands to start the back, I've decided not to re-badge the back (although I have got them) and I'm not sure about the front, do I go for the original Toyota Cowboy hat or the earlier design in black, it keeps the theme I'm now running with the wheels, here's a couple of the front:

Here's the side view - it's now running Rota GT3's standard 15 front & 16 back.

Here's the back - debadged   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I'm doing some mods to the standard in-take which I'll post up later.

I'll post a complete picture when it's completed in the spring.

Rob.  s:D :D s:D

E

Loving those wheels Rob, that was one of the styles I was looking at when I got my new wheels recently and they suit your car, can I say down to the ground, beautiful, glad to see the car is coming on.

loadswine

Yep, I am liking those wheels too, very classy I think.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

s12vea

Liking the smooth euro look front! The wheels look ace!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

manchestermatt1986

I love how beautifully clean the rear is without a bumper on!! Its cleaner than mine with the bumper on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

FGrob

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"I love how beautifully clean the rear is without a bumper on!! Its cleaner than mine with the bumper on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Hey Matt.

I like to think the rear bumper is more like a pair of underpants.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Here you go, a quick snap with the bumper / wheels back on and my new handbrake fitted.   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Anonymous

Quote from: "FGrob"

When it rains do you park it in the back of the other car?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dcod

Wow   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  , you've got the wheels I've been thinking about! They look stunning. Can you tell me the sizes and how much the car is lowered? It's really sitting pretty without being OTT.

Also, I love the mesh in the front bumper, it's just a shame a number plate has to spoil it   s:( :( s:(
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

FGrob

Quote from: "dcod"Wow   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  , you've got the wheels I've been thinking about! They look stunning. Can you tell me the sizes and how much the car is lowered? It's really sitting pretty without being OTT.

Also, I love the mesh in the front bumper, it's just a shame a number plate has to spoil it   s:( :( s:(
Hi Dave.

The wheel sizes are:

Front 15" x 7" ET 40 with a Goodyear F1 195 x 45 x 15
Rear 16" x 7" ET 40 with a Goodyear F1 215 x 40 x 16

The tyres are low profile giving me a problem with the overall height, so I've increased the height by 5mm all round from the standard drop given by Tein, which is approx 25mm front and back (30mm is the standard for Tein) It makes the spacing look OK but it will go a little lower as the car has been jacked up so it takes a little time for them to settle back to the correct ride height. I'm running Monoflex which are rock hard and you don't get any body roll even with the increased height, not to everyones taste but I like it   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Weight wise the wheel and tyre combination are approx 2.00 kg (per wheel) lighter than stock / MAK's I had fitted, plus with the inverted shock I'm saving a bit on the unsprung weight.   s:D :D s:D  

Yep I know what you mean about the number plate, but you've got those two big holes to cover up.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Rob.

K T M Rider

Not generally a fan of most modifications, I am rarely convinced that they look better than stock.

Have to admit though, your car looks stunning in this pic:

Just LOVE the way the windscreen surround complements the deep dish polished rim.

Possibly the classiest looking MR2 ever   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Just as well I have no money otherwise I might be tempted to slavishly copy it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

dcod

Quote from: "FGrob"Front 15" x 7" ET 40 with a Goodyear F1 195 x 45 x 15
Rear 16" x 7" ET 40 with a Goodyear F1 215 x 40 x 16

Exactly what I was planning except 16's at the front. I may refine my decision.

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"Possibly the classiest looking MR2 ever  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

+1

I originally decided on these wheels because it reminded me of my old black 1979 911 that had black carrera wheels with major polished rims. It's a great look.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

FGrob

Well finally I've managed to put everything back together, the only thing left to do is a buff and wax the repainted parts, so this is the new look for 2012:

It was going a little dark so not the best of shots,  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   it's debadged at the back and I've changed the front badge as well, it still needs to settle yet as the suspension takes a bit of time to get to the correct ride height - it's about 5 mm out. I'm just so pleased to have it back in one piece.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Rob.

AmeR

Looking very nice, Rob! Glad to see it back together!! Feeling the love for it again?

AckersMR2

It's a shame you'll have to put the number plate back on the front  s:-( :-( s:-(
My only car is a Ducati 

Wabbitkilla

Ah Rob  she's looking really very sexy ... those wheels are far better than the previous ones, they really suit the car   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

loadswine

+1 on the wheels, really like those.  s:D :D s:D
Wouldn't mind a set myself.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: