Value of my MR2?

Started by WillsSayers, October 7, 2011, 10:12

uktotty

blue and red, reunited again  s:) :) s:)

WillsSayers

I know when I'm not wanted........... ;(

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

K T M Rider

Quote from: "uktotty"Would say around £3k too

+1

paid £3150 for 2003 Red F/L with FSH & 64000 miles at the end of August. Just cashed in the Hardtop fitting kit, so cost me a smidge under £3k.

weird - don't normally say 'smidge under' I think it's cos I read it at the top of this post   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

WillsSayers

Well for those interested, here's the replacement:

Bit of a strange choice! It's not an upgrade, and it's not a downgrade in my opinion, defintely bit of a side step. I was originally looking at RX8s due to the fact they're RWD and circa 200bhp but came back from a test drive slightly disappointed (more in the actual car I drove rather than the platform). Once I got home, started talking to the Mother about my brother who's trading his Celica in to get a Mini Cooper S JCW GP, and find out he's only been offered a paltry £3k for his Celica GT. I said I'd happily pay £3k for that amount of car, got discussing it, and before I knew it I was inheriting the car for the sum of £0!

So, for the price of the car, I just couldn't turn it down!

It's the GT version so 190BHP 2ZZ, with Lift which always put a smile on your face  s:) :) s:)  Being the GT, it comes with the TRD kit out of the factory, so nice aggressive front lip, sideskirts and big spoiler. My brother also had the TRD rear lip put on (which for some reason isn't factory fitted). It's got a massive bore exhaust but personally I find it too loud, so it's got a silencer put in! Still sounds plenty loud though. Will probably end up putting the C-One front scoop back on as well =) Other than that, it's lovely having a big boot and back seats again for the first time in years!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

AmeR

Silly boy!!

Belting car though! Always liked the GT! I'd definitely buy one... If it was to accompany my 2!  s;) ;) s;)

WillsSayers

It'll accompany Beka's '2  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

nice. it may be FWD but for that price its nothing but an upgrade with funds from the 2 to make it even better. to be honest if i never got the 2 i would of probably got one of these as i do like them. Thumbs Up Mate.

AmeR

Do you think there is enough funds from the 2 to make the Celica RWD?  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

WillsSayers

There would likely be enough to make it AWD (which is a 'common' mod), but then the cost of Supercharging or turboing wouldn't be included :p

AmeR

Ha ha! Good man! Screw the WD change - boost it!!!!!

WillsSayers

I think I'll be using the money by taking us away on holiday somewhere, to try and help Beka over the distress of having to sell Blue  s:D :D s:D

Bekatee

Quote from: "WillsSayers"It'll accompany Beka's '2  s;) ;) s;)

But for how long?! You've started a trend now...   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Ex owner, but forever an enthusiast ;) ...Sold, but never forgotton \":)\"

AmeR

Quote from: "WillsSayers"I think I'll be using the money by taking us away on holiday somewhere, to try and help Beka over the distress of having to sell Blue  s:D :D s:D

Soft touch!! Kashia better not see this post!!!!

Quote from: "Bekatee"But for how long?! You've started a trend now...   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

What is this - Abandon ship!?

Bekatee

Quote from: "AmeR"What is this - Abandon ship!?

Not having Blue around is making my decision to sell a tough one, but i think i've set a date by which he'll go next year   s:? :? s:?

AmeR

Is it the first of January!?

freak_in_cage

If the celicia had been rwd it would have been twice the car it is now  s:( :( s:(  still v nice thou

If the rx8 had an engine which managed 30mpg+ combined it would be another hero

Bekatee

Quote from: "AmeR"Is it the first of January!?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   not THAT soon!! More like mid next year?!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   perhaps...

Quote from: "freak_in_cage"If the rx8 had an engine which managed 30mpg+ combined it would be another hero

+1 ...I think the RX8 is a goodlooking car, but would never have one for this very reason... prob why you can pick them up for peanuts and the majority of people who drive them are middle aged women not car enthusiasts (can i say that?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) Thank you Celica for preventing Wills to get an RX8   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

uktotty

Nice car Wills, shame you guys are booth selling up though, you are great on here  s:) :) s:)

WillsSayers

I've been here for too long to suddenly disappear Russ  s:D :D s:D  You can't get rid of us that easily!

Bekatee

Quote from: "uktotty"Nice car Wills, shame you guys are booth selling up though, you are great on here  s:) :) s:)

I'm not going anywhere anytime soon... and when i do it'll be kicking and screaming!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

uktotty

You will be if I get you alone   s;) ;) s;)

AmeR

Watch out for shaky bushes when it's not windy and don't go down any dark alleys alone!!  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

shouldn;t worry, with those shirts he won;t be sneaking up on anyone
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

LOL  s:) :) s:)

Bekatee

Quote from: "markiii"shouldn;t worry, with those shirts he won;t be sneaking up on anyone
...very true... the shirts are LOUD!!  s:D :D s:D

Tags: