Mixed Emotions...

Started by AC, October 8, 2011, 20:41

AC

Well, probably the best performing car I'll have ever owned moves on to it's next owner tomorrow   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .

Thankfully that new owner is Mike (ekimq), who will continue to enjoy a quite amazing 2, in fact I'm already waiting to read his first thoughts tomorrow and experiences after that.

I (and the car) owe a lot to this forum and it's fantastic members, they have made the car what it is which is something amazing - so thank you to Ste (spit) especially, nige (loadswine) and Mark (markiii) plus everybody else who has given me advice in the last 4 years.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   A donation will be made following the sale.

This isn't a goodbye, more a thank you.

I'll still be following you peeps and your 2'ing   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:D :D s:D   Will make a meet or two and can't miss ding day, sadly not in a 2 but it's replacement ain't too boring......

265bhp, rear wheel drive, nice soundtrack, slick gearchange, can you guess what it is yet (hee hee hoo hoo - Rolf Harris style)?

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

evileye_wrx

Cayman?
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

AC

Quote from: "evileye_s2k"Cayman?

Sadly not, 10k budget and 5 doors ruled that out   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

AmeR

5 Series?  s:D :D s:D

AC

Quote from: "AmeR"5 Series?  s:D :D s:D

Nooooh, too big, I prefer smaller, nimbler, compact cars........ With a straight 6   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

Maybe a 3litre 3 series Touring?
Anyway mate, a sad day. Just about my favourite 2 moves on. Glad you'll still be around. hope to catch up with you at some point Andrew.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

s12vea

Also my favourite turbo 2 out there! Glad it's gone to a good home!   s:D :D s:D
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

AC

Quote from: "loadswine"Maybe a 3litre 3 series Touring?

Getting closer Nige, but still too big!

Stephster

He's got himself an MX5 -in which case I am afraid we will have to excommunicate him...  s;) ;) s;)
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

AC

Quote from: "Stephster"He's got himself an MX5 -in which case I am afraid we will have to excommunicate him...  s;) ;) s;)

How rude!   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:   (only joking).  I can guarantee that isn't the case!

The only point in common is that the 2 replacement is front engined rear driven - in every other aspect it kicks MX5 butt   s8) 8) s8)  .

Stephster

Fiat Barchetta ? I'd like me one of those !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

dcod

10K? Sounds too little for a BMW Z4 or 130 ...

But it's a BMW ... ?
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Anonymous

Is it an Alfa?   s:D :D s:D

AC

Well, she's just left   s:| :| s:|  , with a future happy owner at the wheel   s:P :P s:P  .  And probably a less than happy father-in-law of Mike's who's Astra estate had the back seats folded down to get all the spare 2 related stuff in it   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  .

Quote from: "dcod"10K? Sounds too little for a BMW Z4 or 130 ...

But it's a BMW ... ?

It is indeed   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Quote from: "life of bryan"Is it an Alfa?   s:D :D s:D

Ha, nice one LoB!  No, I already have one of those and as much as I love it I wouldn't spend my own money on one (the Alfa is a company car).

dcod

330ci
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

loadswine

130i five door hatch?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AC

Quote from: "loadswine"130i five door hatch?

Back of the net!  I must buy you a doughnut (or 20) next time we meet Nige  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Yep, picked up a Dec 05 130i M Sport 5 door in Le Mans Blue, 39k on the clock.  So far so good, the straight 6 sounds wonderful and makes driving very easy.

dcod

Quote from: "AC"
Quote from: "loadswine"130i five door hatch?

Back of the net!  I must buy you a doughnut (or 20) next time we meet Nige  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Yep, picked up a Dec 05 130i M Sport 5 door in Le Mans Blue, 39k on the clock.  So far so good, the straight 6 sounds wonderful and makes driving very easy.

10k? Fantastic value for money ... but will it capture your heart like the 2 now that you've joined the masses?

AC

Paid £9k for it   s:D :D s:D  , good spec as well, xenons, full leather, heated front seats, upgraded stereo.

No, it was never going to fill the void the 2 leaves but I knew that before I even knew the next car would be a 130.  The 2 was unique and irreplaceable after all that had been achieved with it - 272bhp in sub 1000kg's takes some matching (as I often found out whilst driving it).

Still, life goes on...

dangermooser

I have had the pleasure of seeing your (old) MR2 this evening and all I can say is wow!!!

I have major MR2 envy

nathanMR2

Sorry to hear the cars gone mate. Good luck with your new motor  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

AC

Thanks all.

Now, where is Mike with his first thoughts? (I hope he's made it home ok).

nathanMR2

Im sure he's still out having fun  s;) ;) s;)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

AC

Quote from: "nathanMR2"I'm sure he's still out having fun  s;) ;) s;)

Yeah, your right, that hadn't crossed my mind.

spit

Sad that you're moving on Andrew, you've put a lot into that beast.  

Great that we'll still be seeing both you and the '2 around though, even it you're not at the wheel. Pop in for a brew sometime.

Nice one Mike on buying a belter   s8) 8) s8)

Go well
Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: