Mixed Emotions...

Started by AC, October 8, 2011, 20:41

ekimq

Well I managed to get 5 miles from AC's house before I lost the back end   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  As soon as I left Andrew's place the rain started and as I started down the slip road onto the M62 I pressed the go pedal and it twitched left and then right. Took the journey very steady in quite heavy traffic via Dangermoose's place until it started to clear on the M5.

Obviously, I would never break the speed limit but I could imagine this purring pussycat becoming a sabertooth tiger as it eats the 40 mph above 70 in the same manner as it gobbled up the first 40 mph! Motorway driving isn't the best way to show off the best of a '2, but I kept breaking into a grin with the beautiful noises coming from just behind my head.

Managed one moment of delight as I dropped my right foot and blasted away a dawdling Astra - that's what I bought it for   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Pictures to follow (arrived home in the dark), but thanks again to AC.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  I only hope I can keep the Red Rocket in the style to which it has become accustomed.
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

Chris_h

Quote from: "AC"
Quote from: "loadswine"130i five door hatch?

Back of the net!  I must buy you a doughnut (or 20) next time we meet Nige  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Yep, picked up a Dec 05 130i M Sport 5 door in Le Mans Blue, 39k on the clock.  So far so good, the straight 6 sounds wonderful and makes driving very easy.

Ah good choice - I had a 120d M sport last year and really enjoyed it (should have kept it really) - boring question, but i had been considering a 130i as replacement, whats real world mpg like?

My experience of the latest BMW is the official mpg has been specifically tailored to the EU test, hence my 120d (with the stop start malarky) couldnt better 50 (vs combined average of 60) - whereas in the MR2, S2000 and current civic type R i get better than the official combined../
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

AC

According to the 'computer' the car is averaging 31mpg.  Previous owner believed it was fairly accurate having owned/ran it for over 3 years.

Was never going to be the most economical due to the obvious (2996cc, 6cyl, 265bhp, 7k rev limit) but if it is true then not bad all things considered.

I am looking at a DMS re-map that takes it to 294bhp and apparently (based on an owner's account) has pushed mpg up to 34   s:) :) s:)  .

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

Tags: