Your Car with Alloy's

Started by Anonymous, July 7, 2003, 12:04

Anonymous

I am thinking about putting some aftermarket alloy's on my car either 16's or 17's.

Can you guys post pics of your cars with both sizes so i can see what they look like?

Cheers

James.

Hope4Sun

Heres the first set of 17" Wheels i put on her:

Wolfrace Urban Racing 7's

and then the new set of 17":

League Kantanas Superlights

Hope these help to give you some better idea  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Slacey

Mine (Mille Miglia Chronos 17") as they are now....

They are currently being refurbished in Anthracite (Dark grey colour), I'll post pics when I get them back at the weekend.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Ta guys, any more?

Have either of your cars been loxered?

What Offset do i need, what PCD?

Do 17's rub if lowered?

Anonymous

for general info on sizes etc check out this thread...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... c&start=15 m

you might find something in there usefull.

Hope4Sun

Can't remember the offset,PCD of hand   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , but 17"'s don't rub if lowered, well they don't if you drop 1.25", but not sure if you went lower than that.

Andy

mph

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"for general info on sizes etc check out this thread...

Also see this (I'll turn into an article really soon, honest!):
 m http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MR2 ... ssage/3152 m
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Slacey

No, mine isn't lowered, and they don't rub (and I have pushed the car pretty hard with them on), as per Hope4Sun I can't remember the PCD but I think the offset is 38-40.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Liz has had hers lowered, mine's getting done in a few weeks.

Offset is 45mm IIRC.

17"s shouldn't rub, at least not badly, as long as you fit the right tyres.  Personally I'd go for 16"s if anything, although I quite like these:

But 17" is the smallest these come in!

--H--

Anonymous

Cheers for that mate, that's lots of help!!

You really want these wheels don't you lol.

*edited*

Anonymous

Just did FAST crappy photoshop but what you think of these

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Cheers for that mate, that's lots of help!!

You really want these wheels don't you lol.

*edited*

lol!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Just did FAST crappy photoshop but what you think of these
Not bad.  Personally I think the '2 looks better with 5/6 spoke wheels rather than multi-spoke anyway.

I'm not sure about the split spoke design on those but they'd probably grow on me.

--H--

Anonymous

Funny you should say that, i am looking at these

In either 17's or 16's not sure just yet, gonna check on prices etc!!

Anonymous

you will probably find that tyres are cheaper and easier to get for 17's rather than 16's so take that into account when choosing... make sure you can get a good make in the right size.

Anonymous

Hey mate, Hope4Sun i hope you don't mind but i borrowed your car for a quick photoshop to see what they look like, i'll take it off if you want.

Hope you don't mind  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I like these as well, think they'd look really nice on a silver MK3

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "bigun007"Hey mate, Hope4Sun i hope you don't mind but i borrowed your car for a quick photoshop to see what they look like, i'll take it off if you want.

Hope you don't mind  s:? :? s:?

No worries mate  s:) :) s:)  (to be honest it's not mine anymore anyway  s;) ;) s;)  )

Andy

Anonymous

WOW just "shopped them on" and they look great!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"you will probably find that tyres are cheaper and easier to get for 17's rather than 16's so take that into account when choosing... make sure you can get a good make in the right size.
What's your basis for that?  I've always found that generally tyres are more expensive the larger the radius.

--H--

Anonymous

nah, check out a prices for 16's & 17's, for some reason they are easier to get and cheaper in 17's... dont ask me, i only work here sir!

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"nah, check out a prices for 16's & 17's, for some reason they are easier to get and cheaper in 17's... dont ask me, i only work here sir!

Probably because 17" are more common, economies of scale, buying in bulk, that sort of thing.

markiii

Quote from: "bigun007"Just did FAST crappy photoshop but what you think of these

Topless has these and they look really good. Unfortunately they are Momos and very heavy.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I have a photo of Topless' car wheels close up... hold on.....

Hows that?!?   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Probably because 17" are more common, economies of scale, buying in bulk, that sort of thing.
I'm surprised at that.

There must be more crappy cars out there with small wheels compared to the few that have large wheels.

--H--

Tags: