Insurance Renewal

Started by ginger1, December 2, 2011, 16:41

Anonymous

Keith Michaels have been good to me in the past for both my RX7 and MR-S.
I pay £500 @ 31 with 8yrs NCB. (its abit less but paying monthly its this)

Ask for Christian and say Scott with the RX7 referred you, he will do all he can for you mate.

skyinsurance

Quote from: "onion86"Renewal's up in 10 days so time to start shopping around; usually I wait for my renewal to come through from Sky so I can laugh at it then get £££s off by shopping round but I haven't had one yet (Ollie?)...

I have a question as my car is still in the process of being modded... if I insure the car for say; bodykit; lowering springs; uprated brakes (all bits that are in my garage but not on yet) what happens if I need to make a claim before I put them on? If I edit policy when I put them on it tends to up premium then charge admin fee, etc. etc. and end up loads more expensive than just putting them on to start with... I obviously know they will be going on so it's not the same as say buying a new exhaust at some point in time.

I plan to leave the turbo off the renewal for now as that's an extra £200+ but the rest of the stuff is definitely going to be on there within the next few months, so what should I do? (obviously I'll ask when I phone up) Bascially is it the same as crashing in a car that has mods not declared or is it fine because you've already paid an increased premium for increased risk coverage but the risk isn't there?

Hi,

please PM me your details.

With regards to your question, it would be easier just to disclose them and future modifications and then just inform us when they are going to be fitted.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

m http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html m
Contact us:

TEL: 03303 331250
WEB: www.skyinsurance.co.uk
EMAIL: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/

YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

dj2k21

24, male, 7 years ncb, fully declared, turbo, £595 with Adrian flux, also got a 307 diesel I pay £197 a year on so not too bad for me  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

onion86

Just moved from Sky this evening... with AF now - £505.99 with protected NCB, 26, 7 years NCB  s:) :) s:)  - that's £1134.99 cheaper than the renewal quote Sky sent me last year  s:P :P s:P  I only didn't leave last year because it was easier when they matched AF price, I told them I wasn't going to waste time doing that every year so I was leaving.

That's without my turbo though so I don't like how ^ can get it with turbo for £595  s:o :o s:o  as I have to pay another £75 when I fit my lowering springs, brakes and bodykit which almost brings it up to that!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

manchestermatt1986

Re-newd my insurance a week ago - £1200 with adrian flux through equity redstar. I do have the choice to drive anyone else's car 3rd party but still, its a bit steep. Especially when the car isnt going to do 10,000miles a year now because i have a company car. They said because im 25 i am too young for limited miles insurance.

Guess i have to look at the up side of getting screwed is because im YOUNG   s:? :? s:?
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

onion86

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"I do have the choice to drive anyone else's car 3rd party but still, its a bit steep.
I thought everyone over 25 got that? I've had it since I was 25 anyway...
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AckersMR2

I don't get what difference your age makes to a limited mileage policy?
My only car is a Ducati 

skyinsurance

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"I do have the choice to drive anyone else's car 3rd party but still, its a bit steep.
I thought everyone over 25 got that? I've had it since I was 25 anyway...

No, and anyone reading DO NOT ASSUME YOU HAVE THIS.  Many insurers are taking this entitlement away, I'm seeing a lot of people assuming they have it only to find that they do not, usually when they've been stopped by the police.  Price comparison sites have done a good job at driving down the cost of standard UK car insurance, one big reason for this is they sell stripped back policies with high excesses.

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

spit

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Your post is the first time I've heard about this restriction  s:? :? s:?

Is the 3rd party driver ommission just on new policies Ollie, or could it be changed at renewal of an existing policy?

If the latter, how are companies obliged to notify the policyholder before renewal?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

skyinsurance

Quote from: "spit":shock: Your post is the first time I've heard about this restriction  s:? :? s:?

Is the 3rd party driver ommission just on new policies Ollie, or could it be changed at renewal of an existing policy?

If the latter, how are companies obliged to notify the policyholder before renewal?

Just on new policies or renewals but as I say, I'd advise everyone reading to check their insurance documents, do not assume you have it.
Contact us:

onion86

On my new policy with AF it was mentioned on the phone that I could drive other vehicles 3rd party blah blah, previously when I was with Sky it was mentioned too but I've just looked through new the PDF policy and it doesn't mention it anywhere, I think it was written on the Sky documentation.

I did always 'assume' it was anyone over 25 with Comprehensive insurance as it's a 'feature' I have only had since I was 25.

skyinsurance

Quote from: "onion86"On my new policy with AF it was mentioned on the phone that I could drive other vehicles 3rd party blah blah, previously when I was with Sky it was mentioned too but I've just looked through new the PDF policy and it doesn't mention it anywhere, I think it was written on the Sky documentation.

I did always 'assume' it was anyone over 25 with Comprehensive insurance as it's a 'feature' I have only had since I was 25.

It is often given with TPFT policies as well, one very common misconception with insurance is that having 'fully comprehensive cover' automatically gives you DOC cover, I even saw a police officer on one of the police camera action programmes who was convinced by this as well.

The only way to know for sure is to check your documents.
Contact us:

AckersMR2

Quote from: "onion86"On my new policy with AF it was mentioned on the phone that I could drive other vehicles 3rd party blah blah, previously when I was with Sky it was mentioned too but I've just looked through new the PDF policy and it doesn't mention it anywhere,

I've checked its on mine with AF, its with Equity RedStar and its on the insurance certificate itself right under the names of those covered, i'm also covered should I wish to invade another country  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I've checked its on mine with AF, its with Equity RedStar and its on the insurance certificate itself right under the names of those covered, i'm also covered should I wish to invade another country  s:) :) s:)
Is it this bit?

Quote5. Persons or classes of persons entitled to drive:
The insured only, who may also drive any private motor car not owned by him/her or hired to him/her under a hire purchase or lease agreement

AckersMR2

In so many words yes.
My only car is a Ducati 

aglassinthesink

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"Re-newd my insurance a week ago - £1200 with adrian flux through equity redstar. I do have the choice to drive anyone else's car 3rd party but still, its a bit steep. Especially when the car isnt going to do 10,000miles a year now because i have a company car. They said because I'm 25 i am too young for limited miles insurance.

Guess i have to look at the up side of getting screwed is because I'm YOUNG   s:? :? s:?

i'm with Adrian Flux: 25 y.o, 5 years protected no claims, garaged on a night and pay £1,100 which was the cheapest by far. i would blame the area but my 29 y.o. boss has a 330 bhp Scirocco GTi and pays £700. makes me wonder what i'm doing wrong. (Sky quoted me £1,250 which was my 2nd cheapest quote)

but Adrian Flux said nothing about being too young for a limited miles insurance. in fact the opposit: they recommended i limit it to 3,000 miles, which i did (i only do ~2,500 miles a year)
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

peteopc

I thought I was paying a lot! I'm upset at 297 a year and I am 29!

aglassinthesink

Quote from: "peteopc"I thought I was paying a lot! I'm upset at 297 a year and I am 29!
rubbing salt into a fatal wound!
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

peteopc

I'm not an expert by any means but some if these figures are outrageous!

MelBee42

Quote from: "peteopc"I thought I was paying a lot! I'm upset at 297 a year and I am 29!

£297?! Who are you with...??

peteopc

That's with Aviva.

Tags: