Whats next? Suspension Mods.

Started by Anonymous, April 20, 2004, 03:58

Anonymous

I've been searching a lot and it looks like the Anti flex plates are the best thing to do to the Spyder. I have Tein Lowering Springs and Team Moon Exhuast but I wanted the car to feel a little firmer. Would getting the Anti Flex Plate make that big of a difference or should I invest the money elsewhere?

mph

Chassis bracing is relatively cheap and does do wonders for the car. As you've read from searching, anti-flex plate, front strut bar and as you have a pre-03 model, front & rear member braces are your options. Personally, I'd add them in that order, but they're all good and whatever you get and in whatever order, you'll love the improvement.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

heathstimpson

I have heard lots of praise from everyone that has fitted the Corky Plate; they say the car is so much better. Can't wait for mine to arrive  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

That sounds like a winning combo too me!!!

Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "DARKSTAR"I've been searching a lot and it looks like the Anti flex plates are the best thing to do to the Spyder. I have Tein Lowering Springs and Team Moon Exhuast but I wanted the car to feel a little firmer. Would getting the Anti Flex Plate make that big of a difference or should I invest the money elsewhere?

Consider mounting regulable Konis. They give you lots of options, and a bettre ride without losing much confort.

Anonymous

For approx £70 the Corky plate mod represents outstanding value for money. Fitted to my 03 model it significantly improved the handling. It's simply a must buy item. Anyone who is considering suspension mods must start with one of these. You will understand, once you have fitted one, that you are wasting your time fitting any other suspension mods until you have fitted a Corky plate since you are improving the handling at the root level i.e the chassis.

Do It!

Tags: