2012 appearance plans

Started by dj2k21, January 2, 2012, 09:56

dj2k21

So I thoughts would start a thread for everyone to list their 2012 appearance mods plans to give everyone something to talk about and spread ideas throughout the club  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

dj2k21

Ok so my 2012 appearance plans are as follows......

Remove veilside rear wing

Add APR GTC300 carbon wing

Veilside wheels widened on the rear

Remove veilside mirrors are they are completely useless

Add APR carbon mirrors

Remove veilside fuel filler door as its very flimsy and add mocal locking one from demon tweeks

Respray the hard top and my other black accent parts in Audi black as it appears a really deep black

Full respray something like that naraka team green coloured roadster in this link
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?49646-Lime-green-super-warrento

Re do my colour coded interior bits in the same green

Finish the sound system also.

That's about it
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

HodJay

Like the idea of this thread  s:) :) s:)  I dread to think of how many things I could thing of to put down in here haha.

For a start though I will be painting my wheels and callipers! Probably a dark smoked colour on the wheels and classic red callipers to match my interior.

Might get or make some Mongo style wind deflectors and maybe a big wind deflector behind the seats.

Maybe do something with the gear knob and or steering wheel as they are a little worn, but not sure.

Lastly I'll be messing with the HU, not so much for aesthetics but more for iPod compatibility...but it will change the interior I guess!

Well thats a start I guess...But I get the impression that there will be a whole lot more to come though  s:P :P s:P
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

Anonymous

My appearance plans are to save up and get a really clean facelift SMT. Low miler that I plan to keep long term. Makes sense to me anyhow.  s:) :) s:)

bigwillcv36

My plan (singular!) is to finally fit the TRD style rear spoiler that's been sat gathering dust in the corner of my living room for the last year!

Well... that's the plan. Financially speaking, it's towards the end of a very long list of "crucial" house/garden improvements  s:-( :-( s:-(
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

JudoKilli

Refurb wheels in black & get JDM centre caps
Quad Exhaust
TRD style spoiler
'Red' edition steering wheel
New head unit
Possibly one of Nathan's underdash sub boxes  s;) ;) s;)

uktotty

Re-install rear view camera
Install Monitor in Navpod (had it for 3 yrs)
Finish off the S2000 seats fixings
Replace the softtop

Chris H

Install face-lift headlights...with D!ck2ski's help....  s:) :) s:)  
Purchase (Tadlad) and fit banana spoiler.............  s:) :) s:)  
Purchase (Nutjack) set of face-lift stock alloys,15's front/16's rear......  s:) :) s:)  
Also get round to fitting the mup-flaps,courtesy of D!ck2ski.............  s:) :) s:)  

Of course this is all a dream,once my Mrs says,"what about the work around the
house and garden".......  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

HodJay

Quote from: "Chris H"Of course this is all a dream,once my Mrs says,"what about the work around the
house and garden".......  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Good luck with that  s:P :P s:P  The way I've convinced my girlfriend that getting the MR2 is a great idea is by telling her i'll be taking her to lots of lovely restaurants in the country (so I can go drive on some nice roads every weekend  s:P :P s:P  )

Oh also remembered I might get a Screaming Chicken Badge!
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

Curlytoppz

Really want to put the quad or twin exhaust system on this year.  Also want to change the TTE spoiler onto my own engine lid as it is in far better condition than the one I bought it on.  Other than that I am happy with my Rosie now  :-) :-) :-)

Oh and I still have the David style bars in the garage from last year   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    They will either need to go on or be sold.

>>>>>>>>> goes off on the hunt for Mr Custard   s:D :D s:D

stargazer30

Well 2012 for me;

1. Fit brace plate (okay not appearance   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )
2. Put my nice new shiney alloys and summer tyres back on once the we hit march-ish
3. Paint correction if I can find a good detailer in the north east, have very bad swirling all over the car.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

Nothing much planned as I intend to drive it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

+1  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Roadwarrior

New Facelift seats fitted.
New clear side repeaters and headlight bulbs fitted
facelift rear lights fitted
facelift side vents, on the way
Last of all a respray, probably black.
Oh and a new red leather interior made by rhon to match the seats.(save the best until last)  s:D :D s:D

K T M Rider

to wash it when it's [strike:34e1dx7q]dirty[/strike:34e1dx7q] filthy
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

vinp182

Finish fitting the new covers to the facelift seats I've been doing for months and get them in the car
Fit the TTE style bar (maybe)
Fit the new centre console once its been re-trimmed
Maybe fit the El Creation front bumper for a while
Fit Raybrig fog lights in El Creation front bumper
Fit my heads up display
Build a custom holder inside glove box to house the boost controler screen and maybe a gauge or 2
Fit a screen in the nav pod and link to my stereo
Hopefully get a new soft top as mine is a little tatty
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

JoniiBoii

Hmmm ?

Respray vents
Wack apexi power intake on
New alloys
Focal speakers
Rear facelift bumper inserts
Maybe an exhaust system
Custom sub enclosures
And lastly and I do apologise "hids"

onion86

All fitted and resprayed in Sable Grey:
- C-One Front Bumper
- C-One Sideskirts
- C-One Side Vents
- C-One Rear Wing
17" alloys with Toyo T1Rs 205/40 215/40 fitted
(basically install everything from my old car)
Eagle Front Badge
Possibly change standard rear badges
Kick panels
Stainless doorsills from Dev
Custom Twin exit exhaust
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Zoe

Im so jelous of everyone having major plans for the year  s:( :( s:(

I dont plan to do alot as ide like to get ust to driving the car first after only having owned a 106 all my driving life. Though i can not live without my music.

So Only plan i have is to fit my head unit. As its a flip out alpine screen im going to be putting it into the dash. Selling my current subs & amps with my 106 so il be looking for a whole new install build for 2012  s:D :D s:D
Toot Toot, Beep Beep, new MR2 owner coming through  s]

dj2k21

Zoe you should consider selling your flip out and buying a double din unit, in my opinion they look alot better, and also I think because of the shape of the dash the screen would be more or less vertical at its  maximum wouldn't it? And give a poor viewing angle ( when your parked with your handbrake on ofcourse ) lol

Fatbloater

I have a short shift kit to fit and I also may fit heated seats.
However I'm considering changing cars in March / April so might hold off, almost bought a 911 the other day, common sense prevailed, MR2 is as cheap as motoring gets.
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

Zoe

Quote from: "dj2k21"Zoe you should consider selling your flip out and buying a double din unit, in my opinion they look alot better, and also I think because of the shape of the dash the screen would be more or less vertical at its  maximum wouldn't it? And give a poor viewing angle ( when your parked with your handbrake on ofcourse ) lol

oooh no way, i love my screen, i couldnt possibly do without it. I dont plan to put it where it should go, as your right, it wont open fully. Im planning to put it in the little space on the top of my dash. It may work it may not, il soon see  s:) :) s:)

dj2k21

Quote from: "Zoe"
Quote from: "dj2k21"Zoe you should consider selling your flip out and buying a double din unit, in my opinion they look alot better, and also I think because of the shape of the dash the screen would be more or less vertical at its  maximum wouldn't it? And give a poor viewing angle ( when your parked with your handbrake on ofcourse ) lol

oooh no way, i love my screen, i couldnt possibly do without it. I dont plan to put it where it should go, as your right, it wont open fully. I'm planning to put it in the little space on the top of my dash. It may work it may not, il soon see  s:) :) s:)

Zoe a double din would give you more than likely a bigger screen, look alot more oem and generally work better, those flip up ones wear out normally due to the ribbon in the screen tearing.  Honestly it will suit a double much more  s:) :) s:)

Zoe

My headunit wasnt cheap and its lasted me a good 3 years, my other half also has an alpine unit and his had his about 7 years. So personally ide like to keep it as its a good head unit. Yes if it breaks il buy something else, but for now i dont have any problems with it, its easy to use with my ipod, and i like it.  Im in the middle of paying for this new car, i dont have a money tree growing out back for new luxurys LOL

Anonymous

Common sense Zoe! Good to see in this day and age, a bit of restraint. (Can you keep it going with shoes?)  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: