Cusco Bracing

Started by Comer, April 21, 2004, 14:05

Comer

Apologies for the picture size (please feel free to resize them  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) but I wondered if anyone had fitted some of this Cusco bracing to their car.

I'm tempted to add more to mine as my car understandably feels less rigid since the hardtop came off.  I've got the Toyota front member braces and iMR2 antiflex plate so I wouldn't need the Cusco versions in the picture but I'm interested in the others.

My main question is how hard is it to fit these and is an alignment required afterwards?

Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

GSB

Fitting shouldnt be too hard providing you can get under the car. And as you are only adding structural steelwork to the suspension mounting points and not altering the suspension units themselves, an alignment shouldn't be needed.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

If you find a good cheap supplier of Cusco I would be interested as I'm after the front strut brace.....cheers  :-) :-) :-)

Comer

I probably will get some this Summer (pre JAE?) as I guess I will now save on the labour for fitting and alignment.

The best place I've seen pricewise for Cusco has been  w www.takakaira.co.jp w  but I'm always keen to hear of anywhere cheaper   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

markiii

the larger pieces are teh same as the the TRD.

the others are similar to some of teh Toms parts, I may be interested if you fancy running a GB?

ref alignment you shouldn't need one, with teh possible exception of the rear bits, I'll go consult the TRD install guyide.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

There are 2 parts I don't know, are they Cusco too ?

For the front, there's the classic 4 bars bracen and one more bar
Same on the rear, the classical 2 on the side, but there's one neer the middle...
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Jap GT300

I have just bought the Cusco front member brace from the US, but it's not fitted yet.

GSB

Looking at these photos, it would appear that the rear cusco cross brace is incompatible with trd rear braces, as it uses the same forward mounting point.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"the larger pieces are the same as the the TRD.
the others are similar to some of the Toms parts, I may be interested if you fancy running a GB?
ref alignment you shouldn't need one, with the possible exception of the rear bits, I'll go consult the TRD install guyide.

Yes, 100points   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   the 2 TOMS pieces are repainted in blue. last year was a GB in the US over Steve Ganz, but the price in the end was 500$ incl delivery after 2 months late (mistake from Toms not Steves)
ref alignment is cheaper than to buy new tyres, i let this check every year,
and all year it isn`t ok somtimes FA or RA.
Thats the reason why i`ve bought the braces
an adress for cheaper Cusco replicas is
http://www.lampka-motorsport.de/produkte.php?action=produkt_liste&produkte_kategorieID=1&produkte_kategorie=Designgitter+und+Streben
i hope you understand my english  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: