windscreen trim removal

Started by kanujunkie, April 21, 2004, 15:11

kanujunkie

anyone got any idea's on how the trim around the inside of the windscreen comes of, do you just pull?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

first you eed to undfo teh bolts holding in the latches for teh softop.

good luck they are a bastard to shift.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

cheers for that Mark, just wondering now wether to take them off, i'm only installing a phone kit and thought this might be the best place for the mic, not sure now  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

I had the same thought.

however teh sneaky way is this.

mount the mic next to the light, using a fine drill cut a semicirle in teh plastic cover for teh light to allow the wire to enter. run the wire in hear out the top of the trim and then push it around teh rubber all the way round teh screen.

much easier than shifting those bolts.

and you can't see the wire at all.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

They put the mike for my handsfree kit above the speedo - said makes it easier to hear with the hood down   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

yep those hex bolts are a bugger!  took sheer brute strength to undo them when I made the A Pillar pod, they are sealed with the blue gunk (loctite) type stuff.  Once its done they undo easily next time   s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

many thanx all will give it a go  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: