2002 MR2 valuation

Started by Dac, February 2, 2012, 13:38

Dac

Hi All,

Unfortunately I need to change the '2 for a A4 diesel estate and it all depends on how much it is worth. It's a 2002 51 plate, dark blue (like blue mica?), 35k miles fully documented, it will have full MOT and Tax, bodywork condition is 7/10 and mechanical 9/10 (not had any problems with it and everything works except the aerial motor which I will be changing), all tyres have 80%+ tread remaining and the only modifications are the standard size alloy wheels which were on when I got it.

I paid exactly £4000 for it in October 2010 but that was from a garage with 3 month warrenty. I am hoping to get between £2800 and £3200 if I am not way out.

Many Thanks,
Dean.

markiii

leather?
aircon?
hardtop?

any mods?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Dac

Yes red leather in good/average condition for age, air con is fully working, softop is in good order but not as black as it could be. No other mods except the wheels as mentioned and a replacement K&N panel air filter and oil filter.

Anonymous

going on what preface cars are selling for at the moment £2800 would be the top end figure. someone on here got one ook with more miles but still fairly good nick for £1500. i think i would look for £2400 as a figure but will no doubt sit around for a while even at that price. or course with all soft tops there value increases in the summer but the question is how desperate are you at selling the car.

onion86

Quote from: "Dac"the only modifications are the standard size alloy wheels which were on when I got it.
Quote from: "Dac"No other mods except the wheels as mentioned
What wheels are they, from the 1st quote above of them being standard size alloys I don't think you can count a standard part as a mod? 15" 5 spoke front and rear?

I'd say for the mileage you should probably try around the £2600 as a max but as rbuckingham has said, it might be sitting around for a while. I'm planning on putting my 2000 up with 60k for £2200 but don't know how much interest I'll end up with!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Dac

Ill advertise at £2500 and accept somewhere nearer to £2000. Didn't think I would lose £1500 in 16 months but that's the price you pay for a 3 month warranty I guess. So long as I can pick up an A4 estate with the money then it's immaterial as this will be the last car change for sometime.

K T M Rider

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "Dac"the only modifications are the standard size alloy wheels which were on when I got it.
Quote from: "Dac"No other mods except the wheels as mentioned
What wheels are they, from the 1st quote above of them being standard size alloys I don't think you can count a standard part as a mod?

But do you think you could count a standard size part as a mod, if it was a mod ?

How do you think they get aftermarket  brake discs to fit with stock hubs and calipers   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

mrzwei

Quote from: "Dac"Ill advertise at £2500 and accept somewhere nearer to £2000. Didn't think I would lose £1500 in 16 months but that's the price you pay for a 3 month warranty I guess. So long as I can pick up an A4 estate with the money then it's immaterial as this will be the last car change for sometime.

I got £3000 for an 02 about this time last year. It was sold on for £4000 (way over top book). The point is that I had my eyes on a particular Z3 and my minimum was £3000 for the 2 so there was no point in walking away.
I think you're being realistic, it's not really about the absolute value of a car, it's about what it will cost you to change cars.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

2 of the left

As far as I can discern - for a 02 pre-facelift stock - the going rate is £2300!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

loadswine

I'd have said with that low mileage, you could get more, maybe 2800 or more, worth a try. If the mileage makes it stand out from others and it is nice and tidily presented with good photos, you might get a result.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

carl_evs

I got 2k trade in at a dealers back in September for my Blue 02 plate, with 47k on the clock. I could have held out for more from the dealer if i had tried but i had told myself before I went i would have accepted anything over 2. IIRC we-steal-any-car were saying about 2500 at the time.
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

onion86

Quote from: "carl_evs"IIRC we-steal-any-car were saying about 2500 at the time.
Lol I just did mine and the online quote offered £695   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Silverman

Why not try a free 'What Car' valuation and then adjust for positive selling points?    Best Wishes.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Dac

Quote from: "RST"Your wheel statement is a bit weird to me and a bit lacking in info (read what's on the sidewalls)....

all tyres have 80%+ tread remaining and the only modifications are the standard size alloy wheels which were on when I got it.
...pictures tell a thousand words!  If there's one thing I know about these cars I think is wheels and tyres as I'm sure that's how my first one never made it home, and how my second one was dodgy (until I made it home) -the first thing I did was change them for something more suitable.

Tags: