Sleeve over kits

Started by Tycoon, February 9, 2012, 11:37

Tycoon

Hey guys, can any of you give me any info on sleeve overs for the MR2?
Do any of you have them, what are the pro's & cons if any & which makes to go for?
TYCOON

Wabbitkilla

Sleeve overs?

What are they?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

steve-m-uk

I think they are the threaded bodies you can get to turn regular stock dampers into a sort of coil over Nic, quite popular among the VAG crowd.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Tycoon

Those are the ones yeah
TYCOON

steve-m-uk

Not seen any specific for the mk3 but I believe these sleeves are something that can be classed as universal, you would need to take measurements and make your own kit up. Tbh I think you would be better off with some TTE springs or if you must have the low stance some full blown coilovers as I believe once you had got all the bits bought you would be near the cost of buying the coilovers designed to fit.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Tycoon

There's actually a significant price difference between the sleeve overs & coil overs over here in South Africa.
I wouldn't mind set of coil overs, but don't wanna kill my pocket right now.
Just thought that the sleeve overs would be a good buy for now, but wanted to know what the experience was with other that already have them fitted, if any.
TYCOON

markiii

the stock shocks are coilovers
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: