High tick over

Started by vinp182, February 16, 2012, 11:13

vinp182

Details of the car to start with:

Pre Facelift with C2 turbo kit (emanage blue)

Just had Crower Stage 2 cams and valve springs fitted

Got the engine back into the car now and running fine (on tick over). Took the car for mot (passed) but on the way the engine management light came on. Checked the codes and it was a knock sensoe issue. Called up Matt for a chat and we traced the fault down to the knock sensor not being plugged in   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Took me bloody ages to get it plugged back in due to its location.. To get to it I had to remove a couple of plugs and pipes etc but now everything is back where it should be....

Drove the car yesterday and now it seems to tick over at about 1200 revs.. Ticks over at about 1500 when cold and drops to about 1200 once warmed..... When I accelerate then dip the clutch the rev needle drops to just below 1000 and then picks back up and sits at 1200

Any idea what this could be at all?

Could it be something to do with the car needing mapping again after the work thats just been done.. Obviously it needs mapping but I dont wanna just assume that thats the problem and find out later its not so, I need to eliminate this issue first

Thanks in advance

Vinny
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Wabbitkilla

Did you reset the ECU after reconnecting the sensor? (just a thought).

I suggest it's more to do with the work you've done and the cams, a remap may sort it but I can't remember if you can adjust the idle rpm's on the Blue.
I suspect wild cams might mean you need to consider an alternate ecu - but i might be wrong.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

vinp182

Yeah I reset the ecu Nic

Sorry I should have said I've got a PFC waiting to go on so it won't just be a remap, it will be new ecu and mapped
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Anonymous

most likely cams. my idle issues were down to them and the valve overlap being on stage 2 NA cams. if you got a FI cams they have less overlap and this might have effected the air flow enough to make it load more fuel to keep the AFR right so no doubt increased revs. best to get it mapped as you will want to make sure you not got the dreaded knock.

Tags: